NRC’s global strategic plan for 2022 - 2025 includes Digital Transformation as a strategic enabler for the organisation and a key element in expanding the reach of our assistance towards the 2030 ambition. To do so, NRC is increasingly adopting digital solutions to drive internal efficiencies as well as provide digital services to the people it serves. Key to all this will be NRC’s ability to secure systems, applications, and the data these will process, to ensure privacy, and confidentiality and avoid causing digital harm.
A central component of NRC’s future digital ecosystem will be “Core”, a system to track all interactions with, and services offered to, the people NRC serves. The core will provide case-management functionality to follow and update interactions with program clients over time, therefore also processing sensitive personally identifiable information. Eventually, Core will connect with several other NRC digital solutions including but not limited to: Data Collection, indicator reporting, complaints and feedback mechanisms, two-way Communication Systems, digital cash, and more. Core, which is based on open-source software, is being developed internally at NRC by the D team.
We are looking for an Information Management System Implementation Adviser to support CORE’s field deployment and onboarding of users. You will interact with Country Offices to organize the preparation of onboarding countries’ Information Management workflows and files ensuring good Data Quality performance. You will also organize training and organize Go Live as well as follow up on user support. Liaising with CORE Project team and ICT Support Desk s/he will make sure to escalate user’s feedback and update user’s documentation and training material.
What you will do
You will be responsible for coordinating and providing support to the Country Offices acquiring and using CORE.
Some of your day-to-day tasks will include:
- In collaboration with Product Lead, organize the strategy and agenda for the deployment of CORE tools in the 35 countries of NRC’s Field Operations with countries’ focal points.
- Review of countries’ Information Management structure to comply with the organization’s guidelines.
- In collaboration with countries’ focal points, ensure high standards of Data Management to improve the quality-of-service delivery.
- Analyse countries’ data management workflow with the focal points and report to IM lead to improve the general level of information management across the organisation.
- Continuously update CORE’s knowledge base, documentation, and training material.
- Provide training of trainers and support trainers when needed.
- Organize and hold online demos and presentations.
Ensure on a daily base that appropriate user support is provided by relevant stakeholders.
What you will bring
- 1-2 years of previous work experience in Information Management, data standards or workflows setting field
- Advanced degree in research methods, social sciences, Computer Science, Information System Management, or a related field
- Experience of evaluation, research methods- or Information Management – qualitative and quantitative data Analysis and tools, data and workflows standards implementation
- Experience in working with relational database is a strong plus
- Self-starter able to work independently in developing Information Management tools
- Advanced analytical skills (complex research, systems development and evaluations)
- Experience in training material development, webinars, group animation
- Advanced writing and synthetic skills
- Good knowledge of Data Protection issues is an asset Documented/proven results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Knowledge of other NRC working languages (Arabic, French, and Spanish) is a plus
Previous humanitarian work experience is a plus
We know that you are curious and would like to learn more about this role; please click here to access the full Job Description.
What makes this position attractive?
- A challenging and exciting opportunity with an international team dedicated to advocating for the rights of people forced to flee