Core Functions / Responsibilities:Apply Now
- Provide support with the installation and maintenance of servers, computers, and peripherals in IOM NYC and the North Americas region. Ensure that the latest approved updates are deployed; including the monitoring of server updates and antivirus systems
- Assist with the monitoring of the WAN and local network equipment (e.g. Firewall, switches, Wi-Fi access points)
- Assist with the Administration of servers including VMWare, Windows Server, Active Directory and IOM cloud resources in O365.
- Serve as first level for helpdesk Technical Support requests, interacting with local and remote users to provide assistance and troubleshooting. Provide on-site technical support visits to IOM offices, if necessary
- Assist with system upgrades and IT infrastructure changes securing compliance to ITC Standards and in close Coordination with ITC Manila and ICT Panama
- Provide the necessary support and maintenance of corporate Information Systems
- Provide general training on IOM systems, devices and network usage to end-users to ensure productive use of existing and new systems
- Help to maintain an IT inventory of active and retired equipment, including regular updates to the technical documentation of IT network
- Assist in procuring and contracting of IT equipment, software and services under the supervision of the USRAP Data Integrity and Reports Officer.
- Attend daily monitoring and adequate completion of servers’ backup
- Perform other related functions as required.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication, Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience
- Microsoft Certification (MCITP or above) in Windows Server and/or Active Directory. Other industry certifications such as CCNA, VCP or ITIL are a distinct advantage
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience in Windows Server System Administration and LAN/WAN networking environment
- Extensive experience in direct user technical support and computer, network and communication equipment troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in spreadsheet and database applications.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all personnel-related information by implementing control procedures in line with IOM standards of conduct and Data Protection rules.
- Proficiency in Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, Internet Explorer, Web based Applications.
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable.
- Relevant experience in IOM policies and procedures would be an advantage
- Fluency in English.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.