Through our rapid response mechanism (RRM), we provide immediate assistance during emergencies. We have 370 staff members and we are present in strategic locations such as Maiduguri, Yola, and Jos. This allows us to respond to the needs of those affected by the conflict across the North-East and North Central regions of Nigeria.
Our strategic locations also enable us to promote equitable access to basic services and strengthen the rights of displaced people and returnees. In addition to our country office and area offices, we also have sub-offices in Dikwa, Monguno, Biu, Mubi, Pulka, and Gwoza.
We are seeking individuals who are passionate about supporting refugees and people forced to flee their homes.
NRC Is looking for an ICLA Technical Assistant at NRC's Pulka Offices, to fill one position.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of civil and legal identity, housing, land, property (HLP) rights, and collaborative dispute resolution (CDR) activities.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by the supervisor
- Ensure proper filing of documentation
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities to ensure accountability.
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly, and quarterly implementation plans
- Assist officers to ensure that procurement and distribution of materials are timely and according to procedures
- Perform any other professional duties as requested by the officers, team leaders, coordinators, or the ICLA PM.
- Assist in the direct Implementation of legal and civil identity activities; HLP activities and CDR activities, in particular the information and counselling sessions, legal assistance, capacity-building training, and community forums/round table discussions
- Assist In the documentation of project achievements and deliverables including compiling periodic reports
- Contribute to the development of training materials and Information Dissemination materials adapted to the location and context
- Engage in community mobilisation and beneficiary engagement
- Provide updates and contribute to an updated M& E system in the country
Integrate gender, protection, and advocacy priorities during ICLA Project Implementation.
- University Degree in Law or Social Sciences from a recognized Nigerian University
- Work experience in the field of law and protection. (Preferably experience in working with displaced populations).
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Managing resources to optimize results
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Fluency in Hausa and one or more other local languages of Gwoza LGA.
Context/Specific Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Knowledge of the context in the geographical area of responsibility is desirable.
Knowledge of the local languages.
B. Behavioral Competencies
- Handling insecure environment
What we offer;Grade 4 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.Location: PulkaNRC is an equal opportunities employer. In the selection of our staff, we are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
Deadline for applications: 20 July 2023
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC, we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative