- Role and responsibilities
The role of NRC ICLA Capacity Building Technical Officer is to contribute to capacity building plan and to performall specified activities, including trainings, webinarsand others in delegated thematicportfolio.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies,guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with ICLA strategy,tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- ICLA specific technical responsibility for the implementation, Quality Control, monitoring, project documentation and tracking of financial expenditures for technical activities of ICLA projects
- Provide specific technicalsupport and capacity building towards project staff
- Provide specific technical Analysis and feedbackto NRC representatives in Coordination forums
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further programdevelopment options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Ensure proper filingof documents
- Contribute to specificprotection risks and needs analyses
- Contribute to designing of protection response to identified risks and needs.
These responsibilities shall beadapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus, and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revisedwhenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Facilitate knowledgemanagement within NRC ICLA north team on organizational, program,and legal levels by preparing and provide (if requested) training on new SOPs, Guidelines, soft skills, ICLA forms,and data collection… etc
- Prepare and facilitate external stakeholders training(including but not specific to preparing literature, materials, manuals, information, and visuals …etc ).
- Compile narrative and statistical reportsin the respective formats
- Prepare and providetraining, webinars, seminars,workshops and lecturesfor beneficiaries according to the Capacity BuildingPlan
- Submission of proposals and amendments to theCapacity Building Plan
- Preparation of PowerPoint presentations on legal issues
- Accompany ICLA team membersto the field and attendICLA information sessions, as well as conducting rapidoutcome monitoring checks.
- Review Generalinformation scripts and the languageof the Counselling provided to ensure that it is easily understood by beneficiaries.
- Provide generalinformation sessions and helpline supportwhen requested by the line manager.
- Perform any other tasksas requested by ICLA ProjectManager
Competencies are importantin order for the employeeand the organisation to deliverdesired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working on the similarpositions in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented resultsrelated to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills,knowledge and experience:
- High education in Law, political science, Education or any relevantfield
- Experience in the Ukrainianpolicy-making process and advocacy is an asset.
- Experience in designing and proving training,and training materialsand preferably TOT certified.
- Experience in data collection is preferred.
- Excellent draftingskills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of the context in North Ukraine
- Good Knowledge of softwareprograms (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
These are personalqualities that influencehow successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Managing resourcesto optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Professional competencies
- Coping with change
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect