ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Project Manager, Yemen will supervise the deliverables of three local organizations and lead a team of six to implement rumor management activities at the country level. Providing strategic oversight of the country team, the Project Manager will support staff to ensure all activities are delivered on time and according to budget requirements, liaise and promote the project with senior stakeholders, and actively look for opportunities to expand and improve activities. This position will be closely supported by the Global Technical Advisory team and will liaise closely with Project Managers for other project countries to share resources and experiences.
Are you seeking a leadership position with extensive Technical Support? A chance to lead a fun and creative team? A full-time, work-from-home position? If so, this may be the position for you!
Ultimately, this role will be based remotely in a location outside Yemen. Internews has headquarters offices in the UK, the US, and France, and would prefer to hire a candidate based in one of these locations; however, remote-based candidates in other locations may be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon. This is a limited-duration position, with an expected end date of 30 July 2023.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Provide overall strategic leadership to the country team, including hiring and onboarding team members and ensuring they receive ongoing training, mentoring, and support.
- Work closely with the Project Director and Regional Manager to formulate and implement project strategy. Be prepared to pivot operations to respond to emergencies at short notice.
- Actively manage the budget for Field Operations including the provision of regular budget projections for field costs.
- Provide regular reporting to Internews, funders, and other stakeholders as required.
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships and strategic engagement with a wide range of senior figures within the humanitarian relief community, local government, local media, civil society, donor community, and other stakeholders as required.
- Maintain continuous contact with subgrantees and manage partners closely to ensure deliverables and reporting are timely and of high quality.
- Lead all Fundraising on the ground, including liaising directly with donors, in Coordination with Internews Headquarters.
- Ensure that field operations comply with all financial, and bureaucratic requirements and donor regulations that pertain to staff or short-term consultants.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is a must.
- Must know and understand the Yemeni humanitarian and media context thoroughly.
- At least 5 years managing diverse teams and have a talent for creating a welcoming and productive work environment.
- Strong Interpersonal Communication, organizational, teamwork, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and network skills, and the ability to liaise authoritatively with figures from the humanitarian community, local media, local government, and other relevant actors when required.
- Demonstrated experience in partner and relationship management.
- Experience managing budgets, including producing forecasts and reports.
- Extensive experience working in relief operations in challenging environments, preferably with a deep understanding of local media and/or Community Engagement activities.
- Excellent knowledge of the mandates and modalities of the international humanitarian sector, including the UN cluster system. Experience working in Health Emergencies a plus.
- Interest in, and familiarity with, new media and new digital applications for citizen journalism and information access.
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, a good problem-solver, and flexible.
- Strong writing skills and proven ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines.
How to apply
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.