Job no: 520535
Position type: Fixed Term Appointment
Division/Equivalent: Bangkok (EAPRO), Thailand
Department/Office: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Categories: Human Resources, NO-2
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
And we never give up.
For every child, Hope
How can you make a difference?
The HR Officer reports to Operations Manager for close guidance, training and supervision. The Officer provides support to the supervisor and colleagues in the unit by executing HR services through applying knowledge of theoretical HR models, as well as understanding of organizational HR policies and procedures.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Through research of policies and analysis of data, provide support to the HR Business Partner in advising their clients on HR-related needs and developing subsequent plans of action.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to clients on HR processes and policies, ensuring the highest level of client-orientation.
- Proactively advise clients on the resolution of human resources issues ensuring equitable and transparent solutions that protects both the staff and organizations interests in accordance with policies, regulations and procedures.
- Promote the organizational goals and targets for gender equity and cultural diversity.
Strategic Human Resources
- Liaise with the HQ Divisions, regional and country offices to support and contribute to corporate HR strategy formulation and global implementation. Provide feedback and make recommendations on the establishment and improvement of HR systems, policies and processes.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark, and implement best and cutting edge practices in HR management and contribute to the development of global policies, procedures and introduce innovation through sharing of best practices and knowledge learned.
Support to Implementation of assigned Human Resources Services
- Provide support to various or one specific HR occupation (recruitment, job classification, career development, performance management, data analytics, learning & development etc.) to help their supervisors in implementing efficient client services that help either attract, retain and/or motivate staff of the highest caliber.
- When assigned casework in the relevant area on either a routine or non-routine basis, analyze and synthesize issues and problems, and interpret established, formal guidelines to address and recommend solutions or further actions required.
Learning and Capacity Development
- In collaboration with business owners, support the design and delivery of learning plans for staff.
- Contribute to the mapping of competencies for all staff included in the assigned client portfolio, assisting in the development of a comprehensive framework in support of the development of the talent pipeline.
- Research on efficient and cost-effective learning products which enable staff to develop their skills and competencies.
- Participate as a resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
- Provide orientation briefing to new staff.
HR Data Analytics
- Collect, interpret and analyze HR data to help inform decision making on HR processes and strategies.
- Support the development and implementation of data collection systems to optimize data quality.
- Coordinate with country offices and partners to provide assistance in their HR information management.
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication [ III ]
- Working with People [ III ]
- Drive for Results [II]
- Analyzing (I)
- Relating & Networking (I)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Planning and organizing (I)
- Following instructions and procedures (II)
Recruitment Requirements & Qualification
- A University Degree in human resource management, business management, international relations, psychology or another related field is required.
- Two years of professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation is required.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- The remuneration for the above position may be access through UN Salaries Website as follows: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salaries/malaysia.htm (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and other benefits including 30 days of annual leave, mobile allowance, and dependency allowances for dependent family members.
- Pension â€’ staff members with six or more months of contract duration will be participants of the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund. The pensionable remuneration, will be subject to a 7.9% deduction as a staff’s contribution. The Organization pays a contribution equivalent to 15.8% of a staff’s pensionable remuneration to the fund on his behalf. On separation with less than five years of service, the staff’s contribution will be refunded with interest. Website: www.unjspf.org
- All eligible Malaysians are encouraged to apply.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. UNICEF only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- UNICEF is committed to workforce diversity and encourages all qualified male and female applicants to apply within its workforce and from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Advertised: Mar 13 2019 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: Mar 26 2019 Singapore Standard Time
UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Other Jobs at the Same Organization (10)
Assistant de Programme, Antananarivo, Madagascar ending on 09 Apr 2019, Tuesday
GVA – Nutrition, Talent Groups, Panama City, Panama ending on 12 Apr 2019, Friday
Regional Chief of ICT, Bangkok, Thailand ending on 10 Apr 2019, Wednesday
Contract Specialist, Copenhagen, Denmark ending on 10 Apr 2019, Wednesday
Roster Nutrition Consultants to be engaged by UNICEF offices across different locations in India, India ending on 19 Jun 2019, Wednesday
Child Protection Officer (Case Management), Tijuana, Mexico ending on 05 Apr 2019, Friday
Child Protection Officer (Case Management), Mexico City, Mexico ending on 12 Apr 2019, Friday
Driver, Yaounde, Cameroon ending on 27 Mar 2019, Wednesday
Concultancy, Harare, Zimbabwe ending on 29 Mar 2019, Friday
Local Individual Consultancy, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina ending on 04 Apr 2019, Thursday