Human Resources (HR) Intern
Location : Istanbul, TURKEY
Application Deadline : 27-Mar-19 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
Languages Required : English
Duration of Initial Contract : estimated 15 April – 14 July 2019
Expected Duration of Assignment : 3 months
UNDP’s Istanbul Regional Hub (IRH) is an advisory hub for the Europe and CIS region tasked with the responsibility to provide policy and programmatic support to UNDP´s development activities in the region. Throughout UNDP´s focus areas, it works towards increasing the impact of UNDP´s activities in the region by assisting Country Offices in development of country-level initiatives through advisory services and technical support and by implementing regional-level projects in partnership with a wide range of partners supported to a global network of expertise. Under the leadership of the Hub Manager, the IRH employs a multi-disciplinary team of specialists and advisors, project managers, operations and programme support staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
The purpose of this internship is to provide an opportunity for graduate level degree students, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work and they can get familiar with administrative and operations processes. Selected candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assisting with the recruitment process IRH human resources procedures;
- Assisting newcomers and arranging introductory meetings;
- Maintenance of proper filing system for HR records and documents;
- Assisting with the daily office duties and tasks;
- Other tasks of similar nature upon request.
Intern will obtain practical experience in human resources, administrative procedures and work in international organization.
- Good planning, coordination skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Attention to critical details;
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies;
- Strong client orientation;
- Good communication skills;
- Cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Required Skills and Experience
Academic Qualifications/Education: Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) in a degree programme in a relevant discipline (Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Labor Economics, Business Administration, Social Sciences) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation
- Working experience in human resources is an asset, but not required;
- Proficient with managing Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and data bases;
- A desire to work with and gain the confidence and respect of people with different language, national and cultural backgrounds.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English;
- Fluency in Turkish is an asset, but not required.
Financial Issues: Internships within the UN system are unpaid and subject to conditions the applicant must get familiar with prior to signing his/her internship agreement.
The costs associated with the internship must be borne by the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or by the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his or her own arrangements for travel, accommodation etc.
Selected candidates must submit following documents:
- Official letter from the University confirming enrolment in a graduate-level degree programme;
- Proof of medical and life/accident insurance valid for the location in which the internship will be carried out. Selected intern must have medical and life insurance.
- UNDP only accepts interns for a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 6 months;
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents, illness or death during the internship;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- Interns are responsible to arrange for their own visa and residence documents, and need to plan for these well in advance;
- The purpose of the internship is not to lead to further employment with UNDP but to complement an intern’s studies; therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship;
- More information available at: http://www.eurasia.undp.org/content/rbec/en/home/about_us/jobs/internships.html
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
Other Jobs at the Same Organization (10)
Programme Specialist: Humanitarian and Protection, Suva, Fiji ending on 12 Apr 2019, Friday
Development Coordination Officer – Data Management & Results Monitoring/Reporting, Bissau, Guinea-Bissau ending on 09 Apr 2019, Tuesday
Development Coordinator Officer, Bissau, Guinea-Bissau ending on 09 Apr 2019, Tuesday
Project International Technical Consultant, Yerevan, Armenia ending on 02 Apr 2019, Tuesday
Driver, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ending on 06 Apr 2019, Saturday
Chief, Investment Unit, New York, USA ending on 09 Apr 2019, Tuesday
Monitoring and Evaluation Associate, Khartoum, Sudan ending on 04 Apr 2019, Thursday
International Interns various domaines, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo ending on 05 Apr 2019, Friday
Conferences and Events Coordinator, Home-based with possible travel ending on 05 Apr 2019, Friday
Programme Assistant, Ankara, Turkey ending on 05 Apr 2019, Friday