Fixed-term contract - 3 Months
Starting date : 01/04/2023
Localisation: ETH- Addis Abeba
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2500 national staffs
- Around 225 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the Basic Needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Learn more on our history, our values, our areas of intervention.
Focus on our activities in Ethiopia
Première Urgence Internationale is opening a mission in Ethiopia, a country facing severe humanitarian crisis. An historical drought is affecting 24 million people with nearly 10 million people in Emergency need of food assistance.
Moreover, several parts of Ethiopia are affected by multiple internal conflicts, displacing populations and limiting their access to basic services.
Première Urgence Internationale is developing an integrated response to the needs of affected populations in terms of Health, Nutrition and Food Security.
What about the Human Resources Coordinator ?
As Human Resources Coordinator, you will be responsible for monitoring and updating the Human Resources Policy as required by the Mission and in accordance with national legislation. You will ensure proper management of national human resources of the mission.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
HR Policy : You will be responsible for improving and updating PUI’s HR policy on the mission within the legal framework of the country of intervention in this field.
Capacity Building : You will propose capacity-building strategies and retention of national staff.
Management and career : You will manage the administrative management of the national teams as a whole (recruitment, hiring, remuneration, monitoring, evaluation, training, dismissal...).
Organization of work : You will make recommendations and participate in the rationalization and optimization of the human resources of the mission.
Risk Analysis : You will analyse risks related to HR issues, alert and issue recommendations where appropriate.
Administrative and legal management : You will be responsible for monitoring administrative files and will ensure that the status and operation of the mission are in legal conformity with the requirements of the country of intervention.
Administrative management of expatriate staff : You will support the HoM in the HR and administrative management of the mission's expatriate staff.
The challenges that await you :
- Making sure PUI's HR Management is in compliance with the local legislation and that its compensations benefits policy is competitive; • Creating the payroll system in accordance with the local legislation and taxation system. • Leading the definition of the mission’s HR procedures and HR tools, as well as the deployment of PUI's HR framework throughout the mission; • Ensuring that the HR department is properly sized, that all HR team members are recruited, trained in PUI's HR standards, processes and tools, and are rapidly operational at the Coordination office and bases level; • Coordinating and supervising the recruitment and on-boarding of newly recruited staff, to ensure that these are made in the best delays and in compliance with PUI's procedures; • Supporting the opening of the mission on all HR related matters.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Bachelor’s or Master‘s degree in HR management or other relevant qualification. A project management training would be appreciated.
- Experience: You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience in an international NGO or in a technical area. All the better if you have a previous experience in HR or Administration-related positions at coordination level, or some knowledge/experience in capacity building and staff training. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You master team management and administrative management, Labor Law and Database Salary management. Some knowledge or an experience in capacity building / staff development and a previous experience in volatile contexts or conflict zones would be appreciated.
- Qualities: You are able to work independently, to take responsibility, in a proactive approach in order to make proposals and to identify solutions. You have resilience to stress, are diplomatic and open-minded, and are able to integrate into the local environment, taking into account its political, economic and historical characteristics. You have good analytical skills, and know how to manage priorities.
- Languages: You can speak English fluently.
A word from the manager
« Work hand in hand with PUI's Emergency Department to Design and develop PUI's first operations in Ethiopia! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Cadre with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 650,00 - 3 130,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses ("Per Diem")
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its Humanitarian Action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.