For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM France has been working in Ethiopia since 1986 and the mission has recently significantly grown. Although the Covid19 pandemic was a challenge for the teams and the programming, in 2020 and 2021 it has expended with its current programming in Semera (Afar) and Chinaksen (Oromia) where MdM France leads a consortium with COOPI and MdM Germany, and solid prospects for intervention in connection with the conflict in some parts of the country. The mission has also reshaped after the handover of its project in Somali region to MdM Germany on May 1st, 2021. In 2023, MdM should start new activities in Tigray, for the first time since the start of the war.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the General Coordinator and in collaboration with HR Advisor at HQ, you define, adapt, plan and supervise the implementation of the mission’s human resources infrastructures including internal procedures and policies, compensations and benefits, Talent Management, staff disciplines, career development and learning or team building while respecting the local context and legislation and MdM policies and values. You lead a team and provide Technical Support to operational staff on the HR management of the mission.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Human resources management
- Establish and update an HR strategy
- Participate in discussion on HR set-up and share recommendations
- Monitor and update the organisational chart and job descriptions
- Participate to the definition of HR needs in terms of writing project proposals and any amendments
- Update and monitor the HR budget
- Update the HR documents of the mission and check compliance with local legislation and MdM policies
- Update and check, the monthly data salary (pay settings), in addition to the income tax and social security monthly statements
- Establish, update and ensure compliance of the recruitment processes and procedures
- Monitor and follow-up the HR issues managed by the MdM’s legal counsel
- Manage health insurance services/contracts for national staff and their dependants
- Supervise existence, follow up and up to date staff leave plans
- Develop and harmonize HR tools and supervise the implementation by the field teams
- Set up staff representatives within the mission and ensure interfacing
- Supervise and/or carry out HR recruitments
- Supervise administrative management of national staff
- Advise line managers on resolving conflicts between members of staff including PSEA and corruption according to national procedures and MdM protocol
- Provide regular evaluation to your team
- Reinforce the capacity building of the HR department staff
- Organise and conduct HR department meetings
Technical support & capacity building
- Define and follow-up training plan for the national staff
- Explain the MdM HR procedure and tools to staffs
- Organise presentation/information sessions on code of conduct, PSEA, Child abuse and anti-fraud and corruption policies
- Train the HR national team on the general HR Administration procedures in place
- Develop and conduct HR management training on specific topics
- Manage internal mobility for national staff alongside relevant coordinators
- Analyse staff annual appraisals and highlight the weaknesses, the point to improve, the training needed according to the Analysis
- Provide technical support to MdM local partners
Communication, reporting & capitalisation
- Liaise with international NGOs HR coordinators in-country
- Participate to MdM team meetings
- Participate in meetings with the logistics & Finance Department
- Contribute to the Monthly Sit-Rep
- Elaborate HR reports and contribute to all other reports
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 12 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary 2 940 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Bachelor’s degree in human resources management
At least 4 years of working experience in a humanitarian INGO as HR coordinator, Administrative Coordinator or in HR management
Experience in conflict or difficult context is an asset
Experience in capacity building
Experience in negotiation and relationships with authorities in a moving and difficult legal context
Languages: fluent in English is mandatory and knowledge in French is a plus
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.