The role of the HR Team Leader Host is to support the effective implementation of HR and Recruitment policies in Host Area Office, by implementing sound HR and recruitment practices in accordance with NRC HR polices and Jordanian labor Law. The HR Team Leader will be the focal point for HR matters in the Host Area office for Irbid and field sites.
Under the direction of the Human Resources Coordinator or the designate, take lead in personnel and recruitment processes ensuring transparency, timeliness and proper documentation in the process.
• Management of HR staff
• Implement plan of action for delegated portfolio of support function’s projects (activities, budget and project documentation).
• Day to day follow of HR activities.
• Ensure adherence and compliance with NRC policies, support function tools, handbooks and guidelines.
• Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
• Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents.
• Ensure Capacity Building of HR staff and transfer of key skills.
• Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders.
• Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
• Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC
• Advises line managers and staff on implementation of NRC HR policies and procedures
• Manage all national staff recruitments for Irbid and field sites ensuring NRC PEOPLE is updated at all times.
• Manage the implementation of the recruitment on PEOPLE, and the recruitment tools including the recruitment SOPs
• Improve organisation attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices
• Take initiative in sourcing for potential candidates using a variety of outlets and websites, participating in job fairs while effectively targeting the right kind of candidates for the job.
• Develop innovative ways to recruit and attract new talents to NRC
• Responsible for ensuring good Data Management, ensuring data is accurately uploaded and filed
• Disseminates HR information and messages to all staff under area of responsibility
• Provide advice to Line Managers on work and Development Plans and general performance management.
• Responsible for all Volunteers Recruitments and issuing their agreements; this includes Documenting, Filing and following up on their personnel and recruitment files and trackers.
• Facilitate onboarding and staff exit processes
• Ensure following all SSD processes and compliance with HR global requirements
• Ensure all E-files are up to date and are compliant with NRC requirements
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are Relevant implementation staff
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
Generic professional competencies for this position:
• Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
• HR expertise.
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Qualification requirement: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Years of Experience: 3
• Previous experience working with NGOs
• Experience of implementing new policies and procedures
• Working with people
• Strategic thinking
• Managing performance and development
• Coping with Change
• Communicating with impact and respect
• Empowering and building trust
Please check the full job description in this link
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: till 31st December 2023 with the possibility of extension subject to funding
Duty Station: This position will be based in the NRC office in Irbid
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions