All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the HR Assistant position is day-to-day support to related Human Resources responsibilities for requirements in project implementation in Southern Ukraine.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development Plan.
1. Comply and adhere to NRC’s HR policies, procedures, tools, handbooks and guidelines
2. Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to the plan of action
3. Responsible for organising and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
4. Develop and maintain knowledge of the area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team
5. Be initiative in day-to-day Problem Solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
6. Provide support in recruitment processes, including advertisements, filling applications, inviting candidates, organizing interview venues etc.
7. Ensure personnel documents for staff employed in Southern Ukraine.
8. Ensure monthly staff salary process in timely issuing salary payment and obtaining each signature on pay slip including a detailed breakdown of salary allowances and deductions
9. Regular update of personnel track records and report to supervisor on time the data uploading into the system
10. Ensure compliance with NRC polices and the local Law" id="link" class="link">Labour Law in all procedures and processes.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
• Support and guidance to relevant departments managers and the staff personnel in line management issues and, provision of trainings and information sharing
• Performing for all employees are familiarized with the insurance policies and health, safety & Security Policies in place, social security in accordance with national laws and legislations
• Regular updating for staff lists and contact information (e.g. address, phone numbers, names and contact details for next of kin, etc.) at all times and share with CO regularly
• Ensure staff personnel information on file as per minimum standards of HR policy through with staff registration process (e.g. next of kin, proof of life, etc.)
• Monitor and record staff leave days, sick leave, trainings etc. and check with direct line managers
• Assist and involve in the recruitment process and further continuous processing as per required, introductions, trainings, tracking, etc.
• Responsible for proper keeping and filing of Administration/HR /correspondence documents both hard and soft copies in server and Office 365.
• All the new staff employment contracts and other extension contracts are ensured with timely manner as well as managing non-staff service agreement contracts in the field
• Communicate with CO and AO HR officials on Human Resources needs as required
• Regular updating of HR staff database including collection of all NW staff contact information
• Assist and facilitate HR-related trainings, meetings and inductions together with HR Officer
• Prepare and submit HR Reports/Tracking to HR Officer
• Assisting to the staff with information and tools for handling stress
• Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by Supervisor and assist Line Manager as per requested
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
• Area Manager/ Support Manager / HR/Admin Co-ordinator
• Programme / Project Managers, and Project Coordinators
• Support Staffs in Country Office and Northwest Offices
• All Southern Ukraine staffs / Staff Care Focal / PSEA Focal points
• Other external government institutes
• External agencies, suppliers, house owners
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
(i) Professional Competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
• Minimum 1 year working experience in HR related field
• Bachelor degree / Diploma in relevant HR management
• Previous working experience in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related humanitarian HR personnel
• Good knowledge on local contexts in privates & publics
• Good command of English/Ukrainian/Russian in both written and verbal
Context/Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Ability of initiation and innovation skills
• Contextual knowledge
• Organizational knowledge and HR development skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Working under pressure and managing multi-tasking
(ii) Behavioural Competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
• Planning and delivering results
• Empowering and building trust
• Communicating with impact and respect
• Coping with change
• Handling insecure environment