The HR and Administration technical officer will work in the Norwegian Refugee Council’s Representation Office in Brussels (NRC EUROPE). The office is one of the units in NRC’s Partnerships and Policy Department (PnP).
The purpose of the HR and Administration technical Officer role is to ensure that all HR-related tasks are carried out competently, in a timely manner, and in accordance with NRC’s policies and procedures.
- Providing support to the Finance and Administration Manager on HR and administration matters, including procurement, archiving, and Logistics arrangements.
- Coordinating HR activities and tasks, engaging with sensitive and confidential information, and ensuring integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
- Ensure day-to-day HR support.
- Support the staffing process, including advertising openings, and recruitment for all national positions below Grade 8.
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews.
- Prepare contracts for employees, organize onboarding of all new staff members, conduct initial new hire orientation, and ensure documents are properly filled in.
- Working closely with the Finance and Administration manager on the development of all HR-related policies
- Compiling and updating employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Be the Focal point regarding the timesheets (follow-up, set reminders, archive)
- Assisting with performance management processes, including tracking performance reviews.
- Ensuring HR compliance with Belgian laws and regulations
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data to the Admin and Finance Manager.
- Coordinating meetings and maintaining our employee database updated.
- Administrate office keys, NRC ID cards, and other processes or systems connected to office facilities.
- Support the Finance and administration manager on the Implementation of Occupational Health and safety regulations.
- Register and monitor travel, work accidents, and medical insurance.
- Support NRC EUROPE Staff on Training and development needs.
- Provide assistance in organizing and coordinating events: Book conference calls, meeting rooms, hotels, restaurant reservations etc.
- Keep the team Calendar updated.
- Any other HR and Administration task that may be assigned by the Administration and Finance Manager.
- Handle sensitive Information in a confidential manner.
- Bachelor's degree/Vocational training and/or any qualification in the field of Human Resources.
- Prior experience in Human Resource roles in Belgium is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Belgian Law" id="link" class="link">Labour Law and previous experience with payroll is a big asset.
- Superior attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to function under pressure and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- understanding of data privacy standards, integrity, and honesty.
- Self-motivated and with a positive Problem-Solving attitude.
- Conscientious, collegial, and service-oriented.
- Flexible, innovative, and effective in working collaboratively as part of a multicultural team. The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country. Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and Security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.