HR and Administration Technical Officer - ‘Open for Tunisian Nationals Only’
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the HR/Admin Technical Officer position is day-to-day implementation of the HR/admin department responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
The HR and Admin Technical Officer is responsible of the day to day HR and Admin duties as well as supervision of the Admin team at Country office:
Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines Implement delegated HR & Admin function portfolio according to plan of action Prepare and develop status reports as required by management Ensure proper filing of documents Promote and share ideas for improvement of the HR & Admin department Ensure that all procurement processes are in compliance with Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and door requirements Actively promote PSEA (Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
AdminResponsible for general Office Administration management and implementing of office policies, ensuring NRC offices and accommodation protocols are adhered to Liaising with relevant authorities in consultation with HR and Admin Manager and Head of Support Managing of processes for visas, work permits and residencies for international staff and visitors in Tunisia Processing visa telexes for Libya based staff and visitors Overall responsibility to ensure NRC visitors and consultants travel, accommodation (arranging guest house or booking hotels) and administration needs are met including transportation to and from the airport Managing of maintenance for the Tunis office including office equipment/furniture, Ensure adequate supply of stationery and office supplies Supervision and management of admin and service staff Responsible for maintenance of the Tunis guesthouses, guesthouse equipment and supplies Responsible for the liaison with landlords on matters related to the lease agreements of international staff accommodation and offices Responsible for tracking International staff leases and payments and submitting to Finance in a timely manner Responsible for review and tracking of international staff bills related to utilities covered by NRC and submitting to Finance in a timely manner
HRResponsible for advertising Tunis based national positions, assisting in long listing and arranging tests and interviews. Coordinate staff inductions, trainings, staff benefits schemes for Tunis based staff and off boarding processes. Responsible for ensuring all Tunisian based staff details are up to date and correct on the PEOPLE system Ensure that Tunis staff records in the Country Office are up to date and filed appropriately Responsible for inducting International Tunis based staff on SOPs, ensure that they understand, and are aware of their benefits and SOPs are applied correctly. Assist the HR Manager in the arranging of recruitments and HR administrative issues inside Libya as required. Follow up on CNSS registrations/reporting to ensure they are done in a timely manner and are in compliance with the applicable Tunisian national Law and NRC policies and procedures Follow up on insurance enrolment and agreements for staff and ensure that they are done as per signed agreements and NRC policies and procedures. Carry out and follow up on the national staff recruitment processes for Grade 6 and 7. Carry out and follow up on the implementation of all onboarding procedures for new comers in Tunis, including when necessary, conducting NRC mandatory trainings. Ensure that HR archives are in use and maintained according to the NRC regulations (both hard and soft copies) In collaboration with Compliance and Finance, be the Area Office HR focal point for any audit for HR-related documentation. Support on Interviews for Libyan national staff as required.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
Area Support Coordinators Logistics Department Finance Department HR Department International Staff (regarding benefits)
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
• Experience from working as a Support Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Fluency in Arabic, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office (MS Excel, Word, and Outlook)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Service minded, with strong organisational and planning skills
• Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
• Good diplomacy and negotiating skills
• Attention to detail, Problem Solving, excellent time management
• Fluency in French an advantage
2. Behavioural competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:Handling insecure environment Planning and delivering results Empowering and building trust Communicating with impact and respect
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
• The Job Description
• The Work and Development Plan
• The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
• The End-term Performance Review Template
• The NRC Competency FrameworkThe Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country. Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.