Would you like a position where you can encourage team members and make an impact for the Kingdom? In the role of Hope and Healing Program Coordinator, you will provide support to team members to assist them in their spiritual well-being while working in Iraq. You will serve as a representative for activities that are related to Samaritan's Purse’s Iraq Humanitarian Response to promote area-specific programming and staff development. Join us to use your experience and passion to make an impact with an eternal purpose!
A day in the life of an Area Coordinator:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Hope and Healing Program Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Lead ministry and other related activities according to Samaritan’s Purse policies and with awareness of legal and cultural requirements. Depending on qualifications, in absence of PM will support Senior Mental Health Staff with mental health programming.
- Facilitate family support programming including discipleship trainings and home visit follow ups.
- Measure and evaluate programmatic activities and write monthly reports.
- Support the Program Manager and Hope & Healing Program Team in procurement, administrative processes, and day-to-day implementation.
- Provide spiritual and professional leadership to national staff by vision casting, troubleshooting, advising, improving systems, leading morning devotions, coaching, encouraging communication between staff members, and building a positive office environment.
- All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, International Studies, Theology, or Sociology and two (2) to four (4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to keep communication lines open with all programmatic parties.
- Cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- General knowledge of major donors’ perspectives, requirements, and standards.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies; if not already completed, opportunity to meet and complete requirement is available upon hire.
Job Location: Sinun, Iraq
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required); Arabic skills (preferred).
Travel Expectations: Ability to travel to field sites to monitor projects. Maintaining required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary.
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
How to apply
Our Mission: Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, Natural Disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This is not just a job. It’s a calling, it’s a ministry, and it is your opportunity to begin a life-changing career.
**All applications should be submitted in English**