Fixed-term contract - 12 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
More than 2500 national staffs
Around 225 expatriates from 50 different nationalities
And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the Basic Needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Learn more on our history, our values, our areas of intervention.
Focus on our activities in UKRAINE
PUI intervenes in Ukraine since 2015, in response to the needs provoked by the conflict in Donbass. PUI develops its integrated approach with health, mental health, protection and WASH projects to improve and restore equitable access to quality health services as well as to water, sanitation and hygiene for the most vulnerable population living in cities located along the contact line in the Donetsk Oblast. PUI also technically and materially assists a large network of Health Facilities and social institutions to improve the quality of care provided to the population.
In order to support the populations currently affecting by the conflict in the country, PUI is currently scaling up its activities in Donbass and in other regions of Ukraine.
What about the Health Sub Cluster Co-Coordinator - West Ukraine ?
As Health Sub Cluster Co-Coordinator, under the responsibility of the Deputy Head of Mission for Programs, you will work with the National Health Cluster Coordination-team" id="link" class="link">Coordination Team and the Subnational Health Cluster Coordinator hub (of Lviv & Vinnytsia), supporting the implementation of the humanitarian health response in Ukraine, and upholding the six core cluster functions and accountability to affected populations. The Health Cluster is responsible for facilitating and coordinating the engagement of partners to deliver quality programs and services, responding to the affected populations based on identified needs. As the health Sub cluster Co-Coordinator, you will ensure that partners participate in and assume their minimum commitments to the Health Cluster by placing Affected Populations at the center of decision-making and action.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
Supporting real-time implementation of the Humanitarian Response Plan.
Adapting the response, including priorities to local circumstances.
Working closely with local authorities and partners.
Strengthening accountability to affected people.
Addressing cross-cutting and multidimensional issues arising in the immediate context
The challenges that await you :
Facilitate the smooth coordination of the health humanitarian response in Western Ukraine. Participate actively in the organisation of the cluster meetings, and reinforce the coordination role of the health sub-cluster. Ensure a dialogue between different actors, such as INGOs, NNGOs and the state services.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a degree in health, in the medical of paramedical field, or public health.
- Experience: Strengthened by minimum 2 years of relevant experience, at the national or international levels, in developing and promoting collaborative partnerships in Emergency and humanitarian relief operations, including experience in managing and coordinating Health Programmes in chronic and acute, sudden-onset emergencies. Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organization, relevant nongovernmental or humanitarian organizations would be a definite asset as well!
- Skills: You have good control of cluster functioning, excellent communications and negotiation skills and the ability to convene stakeholders and facilitate a policy process among UN, NGOs, national health authorities and donors. You have in-depth knowledge of Emergency Relief policies and practices within the UN, other UN specialized agencies, donor agencies, national and international NGOs. A good understanding of Ukraine health system and knowledge of procedures of institutional donors OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies, etc. will be appreciated.
- Qualities: You demonstrate an ability to to work independently, take the initiative and take responsibility in a proactive approach. You have a sense of diplomacy and open-mindedness, good analytical skills and you are pragmatic. You demonstrate good organization, and ability to manage priorities and varied workload as well as the ability to guarantee effective and timely outputs.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Ukrainian and/or Russian, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Come join a great dynamic team, and participate actively in the coordination efforts of a major humanitarian crisis ! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Cadre with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 650,00 - 3 130,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses ("Per Diem")
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its Humanitarian Action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.