Job categories Finance, Leadership, Partnerships, Programme Management Vacancy code VA/2023/B5007/26165 Level ICS-12 Department/office ECR, GVA, Geneva Duty station Geneva, Switzerland Contract type Fixed Term Contract level P5 Duration One year, initially. Renewable subject to programme need, funding availability and satisfactory performance Application period 07-Jun-2023 to 30-Jun-2023 Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
Functional ResponsibilitiesSummary of Key Functions:
Knowledge management and innovation
- Lead the development of the donor intelligence strategy and the consolidated global strategy for resource mobilization.
- Lead the implementation of the RM strategy, including monitoring, analysing and documenting progress toward targets.
- Lead revisions to the resource mobilization strategy to facilitate secure resource streams, based on the ongoing monitoring of donor policies, trends and funding mechanisms.
- Provide reporting on resource projections/scenarios to Senior Leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Lead the identification opportunities for resource mobilization and recommendation of solicitation strategies for emerging sources of funding.
- Make recommendations on best practice approaches to donor interactions, including identifying opportunities to leverage private-sector investments and innovative financing mechanisms
- Represent the organization in donor and membership meetings and negotiate/finalize donor agreements.
- Represent the SHF in meetings, conferences etc. on resource mobilization.
- Review and approve outreach/publicity material geared towards partners and donors.
- Lead the implementation of the partnership strategy.
- Identify and build strategic partnerships with organisations which SHF can collaborate and partner with.
- Manage and maintain strategic partnerships at a senior level. Lead SHF’s External Relations work, identifying opportunities to intervene with critical institutional partners and leaders ,to influence policy and decision making.
- Provide the Director" id="link" class="link">Executive Director and the Board with expert advice on formulating appropriate strategic partnerships
- Recommend and/or determine team priorities and supervise the implementation of annual work plans.
- Monitor implementation, oversee progress toward annual objectives and take decisions to ensure the delivery of results as planned.
- Operate within the defined limits of authority on matters of Finance, Procurement and Human Resources and subject to any limits or conditions that may be imposed as per delegated authority.
- Promote teamwork, collaboration and diversity by providing direct reports with clear direction, objectives and guidance to enable them to perform their duties responsibly, effectively and efficiently.
- Plan, recruit, manage and develop a flexible workforce with the skills and competencies needed to ensure optimum performance, and ensure gender and geographical diversity.
- Foster a positive work environment, respectful of both men and women, and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are observed.
4 - Knowledge Management and Innovation
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
- Contribute to the development and introduction of innovation to ensure SHF is continually incorporating best practice approaches.
- Master degree in relevant field business Administration, economics International Relations or social science or political science or other relevant areas.
- A bachelor's degree with a combination of two additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the master's degree.
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in resource mobilization and partnership is required
- Within these 10 years, a minimum three (3) years leadership experience, including proven track record in managing personnel is required
- Demonstrated experience in managing external stakeholder relationships (e.g., donor and implementing partner relationships, or similar) is required.
- Demonstrated experience in Design and execution of a public information/communication strategy is required.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language, particularly French is an asset