Fixed-term contract - 12 months
Starting date : 23/04/2023
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2500 national staffs
- Around 225 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the Basic Needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Learn more on our history, our values, our areas of intervention.
Focus on our activities in Afghanistan
Our mission in Afghanistan has been open since 1980. PUI is developing its integrated approach in Health, Nutrition, MHPSS and Water-Hygiene-Sanitation. In addition, PUI works on a fixed-site intervention via primary health centers or first aid centers, in support of certain hospitals, or via the deployment of mobile clinics in the most remote areas. Today, the mission consists of 6 main projects, some of which are linked.
What about the Head of Programs - East ?
As Head of Programs, you will responsible for proper implementation of programs developed on several operational sites (bases).
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
Programs : You will coordinate the teams, and ensure proper implementation of programs on the site, under the supervision of your immediate supervisor.
Human Resources : You will supervise program teams at both sites, as well as national and international staff.
Representation : You will represent the organization, for all programmatic issues, before the partners, authorities, and various local actors operating in the area where your bases are located.
Coordination : You will centralize and disseminate information from/to the site, and consolidate the internal and external reporting activities implemented in your field of operations before submitting them to your immediate supervisor.
Assessment/Strategy : You will participate in strategy development and propose new interventions in function of needs identified in your field of operations.
The challenges that await you :
-evolving context towards strict sharia law as interpreted by the local regime, Design and implementation of the programs must consider particularities of the environment, especially when it comes to women and children; -a relatively large and diverse portfolio of projects; -teams and departments need to be trained regularly
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Master‘s degree in a field related to project management, international development and/or social sciences.
- Experience: You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience in project management and/or monitoring, and at least 2 years as a humanitarian project manager. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You master the methodology and the project management cycle, you have competences in studies and diagnosis. If you have knowledge of humanitarian donors, of Database Management and statistical software packages, it would be appreciated.
- Qualities: You have strong leadership and management skills, the ability to make decisions, a sense of Analysis (discernment, pragmatism) and synthesis. You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate organization, rigor, flexibility, and a strong commitment to support/build capacity of project leaders. You also have a good resilience to stress.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak French, it would be a definite asset.
Please note that vaccination against Covid-19 is mandatory for this country for security and safety reasons. Compliant vaccines are those validated by the World Health Organization.
A word from the manager
« A demanding context that offers a lifetime experience within the humanitarian sector. Very positive team dynamics focused on supporting each other and making sure that PUI makes a difference for the communities we serve to. Comfortable accommodation set up with the care of physical and mental well-being despite objective/external limitations. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 340,00 - 2 590,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses ("Per Diem")
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 2, 4 and 8 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its Humanitarian Action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.