Sunday, 19 May 2019
UN Office Development Policy
New York City
- Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Delivery: Ability to get things done
- Development planning: Knowledge of development planning processes at the national and local level and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Knowledge of Sustainable Development Goals and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Sustainable development: Knowledge of sustainable development concepts, principles and issues and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations, covering the economic, social and environmental dimensions
- Poverty and human development: Knowledge of poverty, human development and inclusive and sustainable growth issues and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Representation:Ability to productively share UNDP knowledge and activities (at UN and other venues)
- Resource Mobilization:Ability to identify and organize programmes and projects to implement solutions and generate resources
- Partnerships: Ability to engage with other agencies and forge productive working relationships
- Trends and emerging areas analytics: Ability to scan the horizon and identify approaches and initiatives to bring into policy and programme design
- Collaboration: Ability to work together to achieve a unified understanding and/or results.
- Green Economy and Green Growth: Knowledge of Green Economy concept and green growth issues, including green commodities, supply chains and poverty-environment nexus, and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Advocacy: Ability to advocate a point of view and influence others
- Knowledge Management: Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
- Advanced university degree (PhD or equivalent) in economics.
- 15 years of professional work experience leading teams, providing policy advice and advancing the development and implementation of inclusive growth/poverty alleviation approaches in different development contexts.
- Proven track record and leadership experience in the UN System/multilateral organizations related to inclusive growth, poverty eradication.
- Strong analytical skills in economic dimension of sustainable development.
- Experience working in developing country settings is required.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral. Working knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
Other Jobs at the Same Organization (10)
- NUNV Disaster Risk Reduction Officer (Child Centered DRR) – New Delhi, India ending on 04 Jun 2019, Tuesday
- ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER, Geneva, Switzerland ending on 05 Jul 2019, Friday
- INVESTIGATOR, Geneva, Switzerland ending on 20 Jun 2019, Thursday
- INTERN – LANGUAGES, Geneva, Switzerland ending on 05 Jun 2019, Wednesday
- INTERN – WEB ACCESSIBILITY (TEMPORARY JOB OPENING), Geneva, Switzerland ending on 05 Jun 2019, Wednesday
- Budget Assistant (Temporary – 2 Positions), Vienna, Austria ending on 04 Jun 2019, Tuesday
- UN Coordination and Coherence Specialist, New York, USA ending on 05 Jun 2019, Wednesday
- Assistant(e) au Programme, Cotonou, Benin ending on 14 Jun 2019, Friday
- Communications Analyst – Chargé (e)de la coordination du développement, communication et plaidoyer, Abidjan, Ivory Coast ending on 09 Jun 2019, Sunday