The purpose of the Grants Manager position is to provide essential grant management support to HoPSU in delivering quality programmes in line with the NRC Country Office Strategy and Plan of Action.
The Grants Manager will contribute to achieving high quality programming by ensuring effective Grants Management including, compliance requirements, reporting, timely and quality proposal development, and internal and external communication.
The Grants Manager will oversee key mandatory activities under NRC’s Project Cycle Management (PCM). He/she shall ensure NRC programme/support teams are fully informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and NRC procedures,manage donor and other external reporting, and coordinate grant revisions.
He/she shall also support donor communication by ensuring effective channels of internal and External Communications relating to grants are established and respected, as well as leading the development of proposals and opportunity identification.
Below is a brief summary of the role. Please download Job Description for further details.
What you will do:
1. Strategic Fundraising & Donor Engagement. In collaboration with the Head of Programme Support Unit, support the development of NRC’s fundraising strategy. This includes the Mapping of donor policy and priorities and their alignment with NRC’s programmatic and advocacy goals. The Grant Manager will play a key role in maintain strong donor relationships with strategic funding partners, as delegated by the Head of Programme/Head of Programmes Support Unit.
2. Proposal Development. In Coordination with the Programme Unit, Area and Finance teams,coordinate the
development of high-quality and donor-targeted fundraising proposals in support of NRC’s work in Ukraine.
3. Project Cycle Management (PCM). Strengthen the implementation of and compliance with NRC Ukraine’s PCM systems across departments (including Area Office, Support, Programme Unit, etc.). This will include a particular focus on PCM for local partners. Oversee the PCM process, including reporting and any necessary amendments or revisions, for NRC’s portfolio of active grants in Ukraine.
4. Risk Management. Lead NRC Ukraine’s due diligence processes relating to grant agreements and partnerships, in collaboration with the Risk &Compliance team. This includes the review of donor contracts or equivalent, and coordinating with other relevant NRC Ukraine departments. The Grant Manager will provide technical support, training and Capacity Building to other NRC Ukraine and partner team members on donor compliance issues. Work with other departments to ensure relevant grant documentation required is ready and available for audits.
5. Partnerships. Play a role in strengthening our collaboration with other actors through
building and strengthening networks, cooperation and integration of partnerships into our grants management approach. Support continued development and improvement of NRC Ukraine’s partnerships portfolio, systems and capacity building, based on Lessons Learnt and feedback, and including supporting partners with donor compliance and reporting requirements as needed.
6. Coordination and Representation. Engage in networking, information gathering and context Analysis that contributes to NRC’s ability to make strategic and informed decisions regarding fundraising and partnership in support of NRC’s programmatic goals. As delegated by the HoPSU, actively engage in NRC’s regional and/or global grants and partnerships initiatives.
7. Line Management. Line management of the Grants team, to ensure timely and quality completion of tasks. This includes ensuring that the NRC Ukraine Grants team maintain high quality and accurate information management systems for Grants.
What you will bring:
At least 4 years of relevant experience in a related field
• Relevant experience from the project management in the humanitariansector, including Donor Relations and grant management
• Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
• Skills and experience in project cycle management, report and proposal development writing
• Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills (data and financial)
• Ability to mediate in high-stress scenarios with competing interest
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Above average computer skills
What Makes This Position Attractive?The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. The organisation protects displaced people and supports them as they build a new future. NRC began relief efforts after World War II, and today, works in both new and protracted crises across more than 40 countries. Meaningful work that responds to the diverse needs, priorities, and concerns raised by beneficiary communities. NRC Ukraine meets immediate humanitarian needs, prevents further displacement, and contributes to durable solutions.
What We OfferDuty station: Kyiv - Ukraine Contract duration: 12 months fixed term-renewable subject to performance, structure and funds availability Travel : up to 20% within Ukraine Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale grade 8, terms and conditions. NRC is an equal opportunities employer. In the selection of our staff, we are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability. We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Key Information - Please Take Note When ApplyingLearn more about NRC here and NRC Ukraine To apply as an internal candidate, please click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site. Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your experience, employment history, and education in your application. Ensure to attach your latest CV. Submit your application and CV in English. When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport. Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered. Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position.