Eurochild is an international non-governmental organisation based in Brussels, which promotes the well-being and rights of children and young people at the European level and, through its membership, in the European countries. We are supported financially by the European Commission. In the 19 years since its establishment, Eurochild has grown into one of the most influential networks on children’s rights in Europe. It has almost 200 members across 41 countries in Europe, including national coalitions of children’s rights (‘national partner networks’) in 23 countries.
About this position
This position supports the development and implementation of Eurochild’s network governance, internal operations and Human Resources management, and is responsible for the membership Administration. He/she will be part of the Secretariat team, reporting directly to the Director of Finances and Operations (DFO) and collaborating closely with other staff members as needed. The position is well suited for someone who is highly organised, detail-oriented and motivated to play a supportive role in a dynamic, purpose-driven, international team.
The specific responsibilities of the Governance & Membership Officer will include & relate to:
Network governance & operations & HR
• Supports network governance & operations, including programme development and Coordination of the general assemblies & related members’ meetings
• Supports Internal Communication across the network on Eurochild’s governance
• Supports the review of governance processes, as well as Design and implementation of “good governance” practices
• Responsible for data privacy and related practices
• Supports implementation of internal processes
• Supports Human Resources processes and related administration
Membership administration, databases & tools
• Responsible for membership administration (e.g. process membership applications; follow up on membership upgrades, withdrawals or fee payments & requests)
• Coordinate induction of candidate members
• Maintains, regularly updates & develops membership databases, tools & practices; works with the communications team on development and promotion of membership communication services & tools
• Prepares membership reports to the management board and general assembly
Support and supervision
The Governance & Membership Officer will report to and be line managed by the Director of Finance and Operations. The person will also directly liaise with and support the Management Board Members and the Secretary General.
We are looking for a candidate with:
· 1-3 years of relevant experience in a similar position
· Experience of working with or for non-governmental organisations or membership-based networks
· Strong organisational and time management skills, and high attention to details
· Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
· Strong inter-personal and communication skills
· Fluency in written & spoken English
· Ability to provide 2 professional references, if selected
In addition, it is an asset if the candidate has any of the following:
· Experience in an international, multi-cultural environment
· Knowledge of French or other EU languages
· Gross salary: 2600 euros
· Benefits (lunch tickets, commuting reimbursement)
· Location: Eurochild Secretariat, Brussels, with possibility of remote working
· Type of contract: Full-time temporary contract
· Period covered: beginning of August 2023 until end of January 2024
· The successful candidate must have the right to live and work in Belgium
How to apply
Please complete this online form in English, add your CV (pdf) and submit.
Deadline for applications: Friday, 23 June 2023, 4pm CEST.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited to online interviews (planned for the week of 3 July 2023). The successful candidate is expected to start beginning of August 2023.
If you are not contacted by us by beginning of July, please assume you have not been selected for the interviews. We thank you for your interest in Eurochild and wish you every success in your future.
Confidentiality and privacy: All information given upon application will be treated in a confidential manner and according to Eurochild’s privacy policies.
Eurochild is an equal opportunity employer. We are guided by the principle of non-discrimination on any ground, and we apply such principle in our day-to-day operations and in our employment practices.