- Job number: SRH05225
- Domaine de competence: Food security
- Statut: Salarié
- Type de poste: Headquarters positions
- Country: France
Contract Type: Short term contract
About the Mission...
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 09 Months contract
Location: Position based at home or at SI headquarters in Clichy (30% of the time) with frequent field trips (70%)
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) is an international humanitarian aid association which, since more than 40 years, has been providing assistance to populations affected by armed conflicts and natural disasters by meeting their Basic Needs for food, water and shelter. Particularly committed to the fight against diseases linked to unsafe water, the leading cause of death in the world, SI's interventions provide expertise in the field of access to drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also in the essential area of food security and livelihoods. Present in some twenty countries, the SI teams – 2500 people in total, made up of expatriates, national staff, permanent staff at HQ, and a few volunteers - intervene with professionalism and commitment while respecting cultural norms
About the job 1/2
During emergency field deployments (70% of the time)
During emergency deployments, the ERT FSL Coordinator’s main tasks lie in conducting rapid needs assessments, Analysis and prioritization of urgent FSL response needs and managing the design, implementation and Coordination of emergency FSL interventions, or intervention in other sectors, according to the needs. The ERT FSL Coordinator can also be deployed for training staff and for emergency related Technical Support missions. The length of deployment will vary according to the needs.
- Conduct initial FSL assessments in collaboration with SI Emergency Response Team (ERT) members, relevant stakeholders and affected populations; determine priorities and resources needed and propose immediate activities.
2. Programme Design and Strategic OrientationsTogether with ERT members, define the workplan, aims and objectives of the overall response program for SI in the country. Design an appropriate response to the current emergency, taking into account needs and capacities of the targeted affected communities and local stakeholders. Define an intervention strategy for FSL sector or any other sector when relevant In accordance with the field assessment, Select the more adapted intervention modalities and design the activities. Design intervention modalities and activities taking full account of local conditions, resources, customs and cultural norms. Ensure that protection and cross-cutting issues (such as gender, DRR, age, HIV/AIDS, environment, and sustainability) are integrated into the Program Design. In collaboration with the ERT CD, develop letters of intent, concept papers, budgets and proposals in respect of the above. When required take part in the negotiation with donors.
3. Management / Implementation of the Emergency ResponsePlan and manage FSL or any emergency programs according to the needs, in collaboration with the ERT team and Desk team at HQ level as well as DOAP (Technical Department), and in coordination with other NGOs, UN agencies, affected populations and government bodies. Identify project supply needs and coordinate with the logistics team to ensure materials arrive in good time. Financial provider selected and contracted according to SI requirement to ensure emergency response is timely delivered. Hire and train a FSL team (or emergency / other sector teams according to the needs ) that has the capacity to respond to the emergency and build up the capacity of the teams. Manage all aspects of emergency FSL and other emergency interventions and ensure that the activities implemented meet SI’s technical /quality standards as well as donors’ requirements. Design and develop appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems for FSL and other emergency.
About the job 2/2
4. Reporting and External Coordination
Provide regular updates / reports about project progress, major change in context/activities and constraints met. Ensure the timely writing of emergency FSL project reports according to donors’ requirements. Represent SI in relevant meetings and forums, including FSL and CASH working group Cluster meetings. More generally, represent SI to NGO/UN/governmental bodies. Respond to SI headquarters’ queries related to activities under his/her supervision. Prepare handover reports or mission reports following each field deployment to ensure continuity of the FSL / emergency intervention under his / her responsibility
2. In SI Headquarter (30%)
In SI’s headquarters, the ERT FSL Coordinator is in charge of supporting SI’s emergency preparedness and response strategy. He/She is also involved in SI’s internal knowledge building related to FSL in emergencies as well as different support under the responsibilities of technical managers of the DOAP.Strategy & Preparedness
In collaboration with the Emergency Desk and ERT team members, take part in the development of the teams’ annual strategy. Provide inputs and take part in debates/workshops related to the development of SI’s global Emergency Preparedness and Response strategy. In collaboration with the Emergency Desk team and the technical department, develop an action plan for the improvement of SI’s Emergency Preparedness and Response capacity, in particular for the development of Tools to be used in emergency (MSA template and frame, assessment methodology etc. ) contingency plans; FSL contingency stockpiles. In collaboration with the Emergency Desk team and the technical department, develop training modules related to emergency FSL. Upon request, conduct training sessions related to emergency FSL at HQ level and take part in the annual Technical Coordinators’ week in Paris.
2. Technical Support to SI missionsResponding to requests, of a technical and/or methodological nature, from FSL Coordinators or FSL Field Programme Managers or Desk Programme Managers, while facilitating the acquisition of knowledge and the provision of appropriate documentation and operational tools.; Also by carrying out field missions according to precise Terms of Reference, during which the skills of the expatriate / local FSL teams are reinforced, in agreement with the Desks and the mission. The type of missions included (without being limited): Diagnosis and development of new FSL programs; Workshops for strategic reflection / Capacity Building / launching of new activities; Strategic reflection workshops / capacity building / launching of new activities. Project, impact, mid-term and final evaluations; and follow-up on recommendations ; Ad hoc expert missions (depending on the RT's expertise);
Your profileInitial technical training in food security and livelihoods with significant experience in these areas. Experience in the design, implementation and monitoring of cash interventions. At least 5 years of field experience in an NGO, particularly in emergency humanitarian response and in FSL as a project manager or coordinator. Analytical and organizational skills, ability to manage priorities Ability to work under stressful conditions and in tense security contexts Proficiency in basic computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook) Fluency in French and English (very good reading, writing and speaking skills) Fluency in Spanish would be an asset
SI will offer you30% of the time: Home-based office position with frequent visits to the Solidarités International headquarters in Clichy la Garenne (Metro Mairie de Clichy) 70% of the time: Field trips varying between 1 and 3 months for the vast majority. 9 month fixed term contract Gross monthly salary starting at 2,400 euros per month /gross according to experience and seniority.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in english. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/Apply