Fixed-term contract - 9 Months
Starting date : 01/08/2023
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2500 national staffs
- Around 225 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the Basic Needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Learn more on our history, our values, our areas of intervention.
Focus on our activities in UKRAINE
PUI intervenes in Ukraine since 2015, in response to the needs provoked by the conflict in Donbass. PUI develops its integrated approach with health, Mental Health, protection and WASH projects to improve and restore equitable access to quality Health Services as well as to water, sanitation and hygiene for the most vulnerable population living in cities located along the contact line in the Donetsk Oblast. PUI also technically and materially assists a large network of Health Facilities and social institutions to improve the quality of care provided to the population.
In order to support the populations currently affected by the conflict in the country, PUI is scaling up its activities in Donbass and in other regions of Ukraine.
What about the Financial Coordinator ?
As Financial Coordinator you will be accountable for the sound financial, accounting and budgetary management of the mission. You will be the financial representative for the mission, both internally and externally (donors, authorities, NGOs, etc.).
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
Financial, budgetary and accounting management: You will be responsible for all aspects relating to finance, including budgetary and accounting elements, as well as the mission cash flow.
Representation: You will represent the association in its relations with partners, authorities and different local players for the financial areas of the mission.
Coordination: You will centralize and diffuse information within the mission and to headquarters for all Financial Aspects of the mission, and consolidate the internal and external reporting for these domains.
The challenges that await you :
Ensure a quality budget and forecast monitoring at mission level. Lead the financial follow up at coordination level and deploy the FFU on the bases. Ensure a smooth coordination and budget split between the operational bases.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Master‘s degree in Financial and Accounting management. If you have a technical background in project management, it would be an asset.
- Experience: You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience in financial / accounting management. A previous experience abroad in Humanitarian Action would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You demonstrate strong writing and financial skills, you have a sound knowledge of institutional donor procedures. Excel has no secret for you, and you ideally master the use of SAGA accounting software.
- Qualities: You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, analytical capability, a sense of responsibility, organisational skills, reactivity, and an ability to adapt. You have a good resistance to pressure and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Russian and/or Ukrainian, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Come join a highly motivated, dynamic and fast growing team ! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Cadre with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 650,00 - 3 130,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses ("Per Diem")
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.