The Finance Officer AR will be directly responsible for the accounting process of accounts receivable, with a strong focus on private donations. This role includes, but is not limited to: book keeping of donations received (private and institutional), preparing invoices, analysing the different types of private donations received, working in close collaboration with Engagement team to ensure that private donations received are processed in a timely manner.Apply Now
Project OverviewMedair Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for Country Programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff. The Finance Officer is responsible for providing accounting, clerical and administrative services to ensure that accounting and financial information related to Medair GSO and Field Finance is maintained timely and accurate at all times.
Workplace & Working ConditionsMedair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland. Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract DetailsAs soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity AreasAccounts Receivable
- Download electronic bank statements from e-Banking portals as well as other income collection portals (such as SIXT, Paypal, BVR) on a daily or regular basis and upload them on shared intranet for the Engagement department to process private funding gifts into Sales Force.
- Book private funding in the ERP system based on coding received from Engagement department.
- Book institutional funding in the ERP system based on coding received from Finance team (Finance partners).
- Manage customer invoices: prepare and book account receivables invoices, book the payments received based on bank statements, and settle the sub-ledger customer accounts, maintain sales invoice database.
- Analyse and carefully monitor the account receivable sub-ledger balances.
- Support the finance team in the process of bank reconciliation.
- Keep up-to-date with current projects and play in key role in maintaining a good communication flow between Engagement Team (Fundraising) and Finance Team on this topic, to ensure that projects coding are accurate in the ERP system.
- Reconcile private donations Finance report with Salesforce and with ERP system.
- Develop and maintain reports on private donations.
- Contribute to process improvements (automation of private donations booking).
- Provide support and/or perform other related finance and accounting tasks and assignments as required and requested by your supervisor.
- Support the GSO finance team for monthly, quarterly, and the annual financial closing process with the tasks requested.
- Support Accounts Payable team in posting the treasury transfers.
- Support Accounts Payable team in posting bank fees in the ERP system.
- Keep Medair private donations procedure up to date to ensure that it complies with current policies and internal control system.
- Ensure that a clear and transparent paper trail is adhered to for all financial transactions and that all filing and archiving is in line with Medair and donor requirements which follow international accounting standards.
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international programmes and GSO prayer network.
- Bachelor degree or Certificate in business administration and or accounting/book keeping.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). Good speaking knowledge of French.
- At least 1 years’ experience in a finance position.
- Experience with processes and procedures understanding and their implementations.
- Experience in accounts receivable function would be an added advantage.
- Computer literate with very good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with accounting software.
- Experience in working with fund accounting software would be a plus.
- Problem Solving ability and improvement driving skills.
- Competent with administrative tasks.
- Organized and structured.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good inter-personal skills
- Strong Christian commitment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning staff members and customers data and organization’s critical financial information.
- Enjoys challenges and works hard to achieve objectives.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering data.
- Willingness to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Able to prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
- Able to take initiatives within a consultative framework.