For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Since February 2022, MdM Spain is leading the Ukraine response for the MdM network, while MdM-France is in charge of the operations in Southern Ukraine. The global strategy aims at ensuring the access to quality comprehensive healthcare services for the conflict-affected population in Ukraine.
In Southern Ukraine, MdM-France has set up its country office in Odessa and is establishing a base office in Mykolaiv. The program consists in supporting various local-based organizations in the delivery of health services for people facing severe constraints to healthcare.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In the context of mission opening, you will be specifically in charge of :
- Planning, centralising, coordinating and supervising the financial management and financial Administration of the mission in line with MdM timescales, policies and procedures
- Recruiting, training, and managing a team
- Supporting partners
- Providing Technical Support to operational staff on the financial management of the mission
Financial organization and compliance
- Develop and implement the financial procedures and guidelines of the Mission in line with the MdM’s policies and procedures and in compliance with donors’ guidelines
- Ensure internal financial systems, procedures, templates and control mechanisms are in place and observed by all staff
- Be responsible for the financial reporting on donor budgets as per the terms of the financial agreement
- Monitor budget consumption and update the budget follow-up tool monthly. Proceed to necessary reallocations and modifications to comply with donor’s guidelines while achieving project objectives
- Identify and analyse any discrepancy and suggest solutions
- Ensure MdM compliance with tax laws. If necessary, recruit a tax lawyer on a service contract
- Facilitate audits at field level
- Ensure proper archiving of all accountability and finance documents
- Participate in the monthly grants review meeting, provide financial information to the Coordination-team" id="link" class="link">Coordination Team both proactively and upon request to monitor projects budget spending plan for program
- Organise BFF meeting monthly, share monthly BFF with program and support teams
Treasury and accounting
- Build a strong understanding of the specific financial constraints in the current context (Banking restrictions, currency fluctuations…) and propose a relevant financial strategy to ensure proper cash flow and liquidities for the mission
- Identify suitable and reliable financial service providers
- Open bank accounts
- Assess mission’s needs for the coming months, compile fund requests from each base/department and submit it to the HQ in a timely fashion
- Ensure that all payments are processed in a timely and secured manner
- Be responsible for the soft accountancy of all sites for both accounting & donor allocation
- Be responsible for the update and implementation of the Cash Management protocols
- Coordinate the closure of monthly/annual accountancy in coordination with HQ
- Help establish all formalities that could be required by the local authorities, within the times allowed
- Supervise the preparation of the various contracts (rental contracts, service providers etc.)
- Check on the existence, monitoring and the archiving of all documents and contracts (rental contracts for instance etc.)
- Work with HQ and general coordination on all issues linked to MdM registration in Ukraine
Team management and Capacity Building
- Recruit the staff under his/her direct or technical responsibility
- Ensure proper induction, capacity building and job training to finance team members
- Develop individual action plans and proceed to regular professional evaluations of the team under his/her direct or technical responsibility
- Organise and conduct Finance Department meetings
- Develop and conduct finance management training on specific topics to increase the MdM team member capacities and knowledge
Communication and reporting
- Participate in the monthly mission’s situation report compiled by the General Coordinator
- Contribute to all other reports by providing relevant data
- Ensure when needed and by delegation of the general coordinator the representation of MdM towards donors
- Liaise with INGOs heads of finance department in-country and actively participate in interagency coordination meetings
- Provide strong oversight to MdM local partner activities, including compliance with donor regulations
- Provide capacity building to MdM local partner in Ukraine to ensure full understanding of the financial responsibilities
- Ensure the proper archiving of the partners financial reports and accountancy.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 4 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 3 119 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 recovery days per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSTDYO
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Significative experience in a similar position and in a mission opening context
Experience in a conflict setting or challenging environment
Experience in negotiation and relationships with authorities in a complex and volatile legal environment
Strong human resources and financial skills Diplomacy, negotiation and networking skills
Ability to classify and to manage priorities
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiative
Excellent Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel)
Knowledge of SAGA
Languages: fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.