JOB TITLE: Finance & Administration Officer – Georgia
PROJECT: Critical Infrastructure, Digitization, and Resilience (CIDR) Program
REPORTS TO: Director" id="link" class="link">Country Director
LOCATION: Tbilisi, Georgia
DAI is a Global Development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and Economic Development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
The Critical Infrastructure Digitalization and Resilience (CIDR) program is a five-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by DAI Global LLC (DAI). The CIDR program will support the governments of countries within USAID’s Europe and Eurasia (E&E) portfolio in assisting critical infrastructure entities to: incorporate cybersecurity best practices into organizational operations, planning, and procurement; prioritize cybersecurity investment needs; select appropriate mandatory or voluntary standards and corresponding security controls; and establish the basis for region-wide cybersecurity information sharing. Through a regional approach targeting improved policies and legislation, information sharing, workforce development, and capacity-building, the program will target sectors such as energy, water, transport, healthcare, finance, and telecommunications to improve their cybersecurity protection and response capabilities.
The Finance & Administration Officer is responsible to support day-to-day financial and administrative operations of the project, including facilities, logistics, record management and logistical arrangements for project travel. In addition, the Finance & Administration Officer will perform Financial Management duties, including, budget management, Financial Reporting, cost control, expense reports review and accounting.
- Responsible for the financial management of the Field Office, assuring adherence to financial policies, Activity policies and procedures, regulations, controls and reporting systems, including using DAI’s financial software systems vFer and FAS
- Provide accounting and financial support to field office and ensure submission of timely and accurate financial reports based on internal deadlines
- Verify vendor invoices and accuracy of expenses, and ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, and coordinate with Home office project team on vendor payments
- Assist in preparing information for any contractual financial reporting requirement, as applicable, for example VAT reporting
- Follows procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partner travel
- Ensure compliance of all accounting and financial reporting functions in the Field Office.
- Responsible for recording costs and day-to-day general accounting and risk management.
- Support, post online and process payments ensuring accuracy, compliance and reporting
- Oversee petty cash custodians, ensuring petty cash reporting is accurate and timely, that petty cash counts and petty cash reconciliations are conducted regularly and making petty cash entries in Accounting System/FAS
- Manage the day-to-day business operations of the Field Office
- Liaise with local vendors and suppliers, local government officials and others to ensure professional relationships are well maintained, developed and built
- Maintain and oversee the working capacity of the office in terms of equipment, supplies, utilities, maintenance of fittings and fixtures and premises
- Manage the security of the office premises, property, and vehicles, including day to day check in with security staff and security company
- Maintain and update the Field Office inventory
- Support travel to the field offices, including, but not limited to, allocating vehicles, booking accommodation, arranging meetings, and ensuring logistical needs of travelers are met in the field
- Work with the Home office project team in support of field office procurements, such as support of quotations, market research, prequalification of suppliers and vendors and report as necessary
- Greet visitors and make sure they are directed to the appropriate person
- Support the Home office project team where needed with grant and technical activity development and implementation, such as, but not limited to, meeting partners and stakeholders, liaising with Local Government, supporting activity implementation, arranging logistics for events, meetings, workshops etc.
- The position will be based in the project’s office in Tbilisi, Georgia and will report to the Country Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required with 4 years of work experience in logistics, procurement, office administration, finance, accounting and other relevant areas
- Experience working on USAID projects
- Previous experience with project financial management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- Fluency in local languages and English is required.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
How to apply
To Apply, please click the below link.
Position Description (taleo.net)