Field Researcher, Monitoring of the Partnership of Agriculture Technology Transfer Activity (PATTA),), Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Pakistan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year performance management support contract – PERFORM to Management Systems International (MSI). Under PERFORM MSI provides monitoring support, evaluations, assessments, and learning support services to USAID. These services provide evidence-based data and information and high-quality analysis that USAID program managers use to target resources and inform project design and implementation to improve project results and achieve objectives.
**Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position
MSI is seeking field researchers to be part of a team that will monitor the activities of the USAID-funded Partnership of Agriculture Technology Transfer Activity (PATTA). Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is the implementing partner (IP) of the project. PATTA focus is to identify, support and bring to scale private sector solutions to improve agricultural productivity in Pakistan through a four-year activity. PATTA has developed partnership with 37 supply side agricultural technology companies to commercialize products and services, through 350 demand side dealers/franchises that can increase the productivity and competitiveness of smallholder farmers and mobilize private sector investment in agricultural technology.
The field researchers will travel to all provinces of Pakistan, which includes Baluchistan, Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), Sindh and Gilgit-Baltistan. The estimated duration of the assignment is approximately six months, from July 2019 through January 2020, contingent on final approvals.
- Participate in an orientation and training session to understand the purpose of the monitoring and receive training on the data collection instruments, and data collection & analysis plans.
- Monitor project activities through observations and site verifications using appropriate tools.
- Collect high quality data as per the data collection plan and submit the completed instruments weekly to the PERFORM assignment manager.
- Conduct key informant interviews (KIIs) with stakeholders which may include government officials, Industry representatives, implementing partner’s staff, donor staff and beneficiaries.
- Take comprehensive notes during interviews and transcribe and translate notes in English in accordance with the required format.
- Participate in data analysis, as and when required.
- Complete a daily online tracker to update the assignment manager on the monitoring.
- Coordinate and liaison with the implementing partner’s activity managers, and government counterparts, if necessary.
- Undertake other tasks as assigned by the assignment manager.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, economy, agriculture or a related field.
- A minimum of five years of experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection.
- Willingness and ability to travel to the field is required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Must be willing to travel throughout Pakistan.
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest in this monitoring will not be considered. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this assignment. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project being monitored or the USAID requesting office, etc.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Other Jobs at the Same Organization (10)
- Local Architecture, Engineering, and Construction Specialist, Colombia ending on 10 Aug 2019, Saturday
- Administrative Coordinator, USAID/OTI ,Bogota, Colombia ending on 08 Aug 2019, Thursday
- Accountant, USAID/OTI, Bogota, Colombia ending on 08 Aug 2019, Thursday
- Grants Specialist, USAID/OTI, Colombia ending on 08 Aug 2019, Thursday
- Procurement Specialist, USAID/ OTI , Bogota, Colombia ending on 08 Aug 2019, Thursday
- Security Manager, USAID/OTI, Bogota, Colombia ending on 08 Aug 2019, Thursday
- Senior Project Manager, Arlington, USA ending on 09 Aug 2019, Friday
- Research Analyst (Monitoring of the Partnership of Agriculture Technology Transfer Activity PATTA), Islamabad, Pakistan ending on 07 Aug 2019, Wednesday
- Chief of Party, USAID Organizational Development Project, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia ending on 04 Aug 2019, Sunday
- Human Resources Coordinator, Arlington, USA ending on 02 Aug 2019, Friday