For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM International Network has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, improving access to health care, especially providing comprehensive Primary Health Care (PHC), Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) and Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services.
Since February 2022, MdM Spain is leading the country response for the network, while MdM-France is in charge of the operations in Southern Ukraine. The global strategy aims at ensuring the access to quality comprehensive healthcare services for the conflict-affected population in Ukraine.
In Southern Ukraine, MdM-France has set up its country office in Odessa and is establishing a base office in Mykolaiv. The program consists in supporting various local-based organization in the delivery of health services for people facing severe constraints to healthcare.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In the context of mission opening, you will be specifically in charge of managing Mykolaiv base and ensuring that the programmes meet operational, adminisatrative, financial, HR, material and organisational objectives by coordinating and leading the team
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Ensure adequate information flow within the different departments (program, Administration/finance, logistics)
- Oversee and coordinate the general functioning of the base and all departments
- Oversees office space allocation for all staff in the MdM Mykolaiv office
- Support guesthouse management including rooms allocation for new expats and visiting staff
- Coordinate and lead the assessments and the Analysis of the general context, problems and needs in Mykolaiv
- Ensure the implementation of the project according to the assessments results, MdM priorities and strategy
- Ensure Data Collection and reporting are done as per deadline
- Assess the needs & adjust the project according to these needs
- Contribute to the definition and the revision of MdM strategy in Mykolaiv
- Draw up scenarios and proposals, support the budget creation and revision for future activities
- Support the identification of program risks and mitigation measures
- Perform regular field visits to area of implementation
- Ensure familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring all projects implementation in compliance with MdM procedures and donors’ guidelines
- Ensure appropriate administrative, financial and logistical MdM systems/procedures are in place
- Ensure regular communications are maintained between the different departments and act as a mediator when necessary
- Be responsible for accurate budget control and overall responsibility for financial management at the project site, in line with project proposals
- Ensure that financial needs are well planned according to activities workplan
Human Resources Management
- Recruit the staff under the direct or technical management
- Ensure proper induction, Capacity Building and on the job training to team members
- Develop individual action plans and proceed to regular professional evaluations of the team
- Organise and conduct regular department meetings
- Participate in disciplinary processes
- Define, roll out and supervise the whistleblowing policy and tools
Safety and Security Management
- Ensure team security and safety
- Proactively monitor the political and security situation in the project areas
- Ensure that appropriate security guidelines are developed, communicated, adhered to, and regularly reviewed
- Ensure timely and accurate security and incident reports are sent to the coordination
Representation & Reporting
- Represent MdM to donors, authorities, NGOs and other parties
- Participate to the monthly mission’s situation report compiled by the Coordinator" id="link" class="link">General Coordinator
- Participate to proposals & reports to donors
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 7 mois
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 3 362 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 recovery days per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSTDYO
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Higher education in project management or general field of study (five years post-secondary education)
Minimum three-year experience in a similar position with an international NGO working in emergency contexts, preferably within the Health Sector, or previous field experience with MdM in different contexts
Experience of security management at the field site level
Analyze the issues and challenges in the region
Discuss, present arguments, negotiate and convince authorities and partners
Analyze the context and the consequences of an intervention, assess the risks and constraints, and identify priorities
Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style
Diplomacy, negotiation and networking skills
Ability to work under a minimum of supervision
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word etc.)
Languages: fluent in English is mandatory (oral and written), knowledge of Ukrainian language or Russian is an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.