Ref. Number: 22169
Department: Graduate Program, Strategy Stream
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Posting Date: 16 December 2022
Closing Date: 5 February 2023
AIIB Graduate Program Virtual Event on 20 January 2023 (Friday)
Registration: (through Impactpool, to be opened within December)
About the virtual event: The event offers an online space for Young Professionals to engage directly with AIIB HR representatives and 2022 Graduate Program Analysts, ask questions and learn more information about the Graduate program and other early career opportunities at the Bank. AIIB will be hosting a Breakout room including a live video. The online event will be hosted over two sessions to accommodate participants from different time zones.
Environment and Social Analyst
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
This position will be under the Strategy Stream. The Analysts will gain hands-on experience in developing and implementing AIIB’s corporate strategy and sector strategies.
About the role:
The Strategy, Policy and Budget Department is responsible for:
- developing and monitoring the implementation of the Bank’s strategic agenda including its Corporate Strategy and implementation;
- developing and overseeing compliance with the Bank’s operational policies and procedures for the Bank’s infrastructure investment portfolio (non-treasury), including environmental, social, procurement and Financial Management; and
- managing the Bank’s administrative budget to support the implementation of the annual business plan and strategic agenda.
The Environmental and Social Analyst will work primarily on supporting a team of Senior ES advisors and specialist related to ES Policy issues, and its application and compliance.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research and Analysis to support the development and update of Environmental and Social (E&S) Policy, associated Directives and Guidance.
- Support the regular investment project review at pipeline, concept, and final review stages.
- Support the process of the provision of E&S Policy Assurance.
- Assist in analyzing and managing related data to provide regular report on E&S related matters.
- Contribute to policy development and AIIB’s knowledge base within the E&S area.
- Support the development of AIIB’s strategic and policy agenda and its implementation approaches.
- Support the identification and management of and collaboration with internal and external partners, including by planning and organizing conferences, seminars and meetings.
- Perform other assignments and projects as required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in environment or social studies, or related fields.
- 2-3 years (for Bachelor’s degree holders), or 1-2 years (for Master’s degree holders) of relevant working experience and demonstrated technical competence in a global financial institution, professional service/consulting firm or multinational company. Experience in infrastructure financing will be an advantage.
- Experience in planning, Data Analysis and reporting. Strong analytical and data organization and interpretation skills.
- Proven ability to think strategically and provide problem-solving advice on business issues based on data analysis and insights.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with the work and operations of multilateral Development Banks would be an advantage.
- Experience in defining business requirements for IT systems implementation would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and Sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.