Emergency Response Officer Sudan South Kordofan (Only for Nationals)
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation - Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan, Gadarif and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Implement Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) projects according to Action Plan
- Emergency Response Officer will undertake implementation of technical activities in the emergency project, including Emergency Preparedness, project documentation, financial control, quality control, and M&E
- Prepare and develop status reports of ongoing activities as required and directed by line manager [Emergency Response Coordinator South Kordofan]
- Conduct rapid needs assessments for displaced populations impacted by conflict or Natural Disasters
- Provide regular activity progress reports to Emergency Response Coordinator SK when requested
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection and assistance
- Explore and assess new and better ways to assist in the domain of Emergency Response
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities, community leaders and other key stakeholders at field level.
- Implement RRM activities within Area based Emergency Response team under the supervision of Emergency Response Coordinator SK and Emergency Manager [based in Khartoum]
- Implement emergency preparedness and response activities - this will include pre-planning, assessment, emergency response, as team player within an Area Emergency Response Team, in collaboration with Emergency Response & Cash & Markets teams in Khartoum and Consortium partner
- Provide and collate regular data on context Analysis, early-warning/ humanitarian/ risk monitoring, trigger indicators for assessments and responses
- Develop timely and detailed monthly implementation plan of RRM activities with Emergency Response Coordinator SK when required
- Participate in any trainings, Capacity Building initiatives, to have a solid understanding of Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) technical Design, implementation approaches, NRC & donor’s policies and tools, including M&E tools
- Undertake distributions for both Multi-Purpose Cash Assistance (MPCA) and In-Kind to identified emergency beneficiaries
- Stakeholder engagement, Community Mobilization and sensitization to target communities to participate in emergency projects including giving feedback on post-distribution monitoring (PDM)
- Ensure adequate and safe records of all project deliveries (In-Kind, CASH assistance, emergency shelter kits etc) including Securing Supporting Documentation (Reconciliation of Deliverables)
- Ensure proper documentation of emergency response activities, Data Management including post-distribution monitoring data. Activity reports and other reporting as required.
- Training and development of enumerators, relevant partners and beneficiaries in emergency response mechanisms
Any other tasks as requested by your supervisor.
Required skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in social sciences, development studies or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working at same level or above in an NGO
- Experience in cash & voucher-based programming is an added advantage, but not essential
- Proven experience working in one of the Kordofan States is essential.
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile environments
Good working English and fluency in Arabic.
We can Offer
- Duty Station: Kadugli
- Contract Period: 12 months, with possible extension
- Travel: 50-60%
- Salary/Benefits: NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
- NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and employees to check they have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
- Females are highly encouraged to apply
- Candidates should apply only through online, Hardcopy CVs will not be collected
- To apply please visit https://www.nrc.no/careers/