- Organization:Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Ending:30 Jun 2019, Sunday
- Posted:20 Mar 2019, Wednesday
- Location: unspecified unspecified, unspecified
Emergency Reporting and Outreach Specialist
Job Posting : 19/Mar/2019
Closure Date : 30/Jun/2019, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : Emergency and Resilience Division, PSE
Job Type : Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : Consultant / PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location : Various Locations-Various Locations
Duration : up to 11 months
Post Number : N/A
CCOG Code : N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on your personal device date
and time settings.
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. FAO’s goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 194 member states, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. Join us in creating a #ZeroHunger world.
The Emergency and Resilience Division (PSE) is responsible for FAO’s efforts to support countries and partners in preparing for and effectively responding to food and agricultural threats and crises. It is responsible for coordinating the development and maintenance of corporate tools and standards to enable decentralized offices to assist member countries to prepare for, and respond to emergencies. PSE ensures humanitarian policy coordination and knowledge, liaison with the Inter-Agency Standing Committee as well as with humanitarian resource partners, co-leadership with World Food Programme of the global Food Security Cluster, organizational preparedness, surge capacity and response to large-scale emergencies. PSE supports food security and nutrition assessment and early warning activities related to emergency and humanitarian analysis and responses. PSE plays a major role in the development and leadership of the Organization’s programme to increase the resilience of livelihoods to food and agriculture threats and crises.
Depending on the duty station, the Emergency Reporting and Outreach Specialist reports to the Outreach and Reporting Coordinator, PSE, or to the relevant manager at regional or country level.
Support to formulation and implementation of FAO’s resilience agenda at global, regional, sub regional and/or country level.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Emergency Reporting and Outreach Specialist will:
- Write and edit progress and final narrative reports for Trust Fund emergency and resilience projects, together with accompanying cover letters and project highlights, in accordance with FAO Reporting and Editorial Guidelines, and take the necessary actions to dispatch them to appropriate addressees.
- Assist in the revision, finalization and timely submission of key resource mobilization documents to ensure alignment to FAO standards the requirements of major donors.
- Write and edit various other documents in English relevant to the work of FAO in emergencies and resilience, including project proposals, brochures, leaflets, situation reports, presentations, etc.
- Edit ad hoc content for the FAO in emergencies web site as well as social media accounts.
- Undertake travel, if needed, on short notice, in support of FAO decentralized offices, to provide support in outreach and/or reporting processes, methods and skills, and set up an information system (excel) to ensure monitoring of reports, in particular in countries where FAO has declared a Level 3 response.
- Perform other related duties, as requested.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree (for consultants) / university degree (for PSA) in a discipline relevant to the mandate of the Organization.
- At least one year of relevant experience in public and/or private sectors related to reporting, outreach and programming in food and agriculture. Experience in developing countries, especially in countries that are vulnerable to disaster or other emergency risks would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of French or Spanish (COF. REG)
- Working knowledge of English is essential and limited knowledge of Spanish or French would be an asset (for PSAs).
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent and relevance of experience in English in editing and writing reports in a humanitarian context.
- Extent and relevance of experience in contributing to outreach and visibility efforts, particularly related to humanitarian contexts.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Depth of knowledge of agricultural threats and crises.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
- FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution
recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations
(LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- Candidates should upload language certificate/s when submitting their application. For details, visit
- For more information, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Once completed, please apply and submit your application, with language certificates as attachments. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers . FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications. FAO reserves the right to request candidates to undertake a language test in the future, as appropriate
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered
- Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to apply well before the deadline date
- If you need assistance please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Other Jobs at the Same Organization (7)
- Technical Specialist (Animal Health), Various Locations ending on 02 Aug 2019, Friday
- Call For Expression Of Interest – REU Internship Programme, Various Locations ending on 01 Sep 2019, Sunday
- Call For Expression Of Interest – RAF Regular Volunteer Programme, Various Locations ending on 01 Sep 2019, Sunday
- Call For Expression Of Interest – HQ Regular Volunteer Programme, Rome, Italy ending on 31 Aug 2019, Saturday
- Policy, Economics and Institutions Specialist, Rome, Italy ending on 31 Aug 2019, Saturday
- Consultant, Maputo, Mozambique ending on 31 Aug 2019, Saturday
- Facilitador Nacional para el proyecto, Quito, Ecuador ending on 08 Aug 2019, Thursday