The light vehicle driver transports people and goods in a safe and timely manner, in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations and national traffic laws.Apply Now
- Drives light vehicles to transport people and/or material in strict adherence to internal Security rules and national traffic laws.
- Ensure vehicle is safe, available and reliable by performing BDA (Before, During and After) vehicle operations check-ups
- Constantly monitors security conditions on the road and report immediately any unusual situation or events that may affect the ICRC operation in general.
- Ensures that goods are stored inside the vehicle according to local, international and ICRC safety standards (attachment and distribution of goods, etc.)
- Always drive calmly and carefully, respecting all other users of the road; avoid reckless or dangerous behaviour and drive economically to conserve fuel.
- Checks the trips have been authorized when necessary.
- Can act as head of convoy as needed (in charge of the driver(s), application of security rules and time-frame for the convoy).
- Constantly monitor fuel consumption of the vehicle in terms of no of litres per kilometre run against ICRC Fleet fuel standards / vehicle.
- Operates HF, VHF radios and Satellite Phone communication equipment according to ICRC rules and regulation.
- May perform other duties asked from time to time, and assist fleet in vehicle related Administration, operations and maintenance.
- High school or college-level education
- At least 5 years’ professional driving experience
- Good command of written and spoken English and Filipino
- Valid professional driver’s license for at least 5 years
- Knowledge of basic vehicle troubleshooting