Project: Critical Infrastructure, Digitization, and Resilience (CIDR)
REPORTS TO: Digital Transformation Lead
LOCATION: North Macedonia
LEVEL OF EFFORT: Full-Time Employee (40 hours/week)
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: February 15, 2023 – December 31, 2023
The Government of North Macedonia recognizes the need of the process of digitalization as a strategic driver for current government priorities. As such, Digital Transformation of the Government represents a key element of the European Union (EU) accession process of North Macedonia, strengthening the national Government service delivery to the citizens and businesses, as well as the public Administration reform, and it supports many other national priorities.
To support the Government of North Macedonia, DAI will offer support to the Cabinet of the Deputy President of the Government in charge of good governance policies, by publishing a Digital Transformation Roadmap, and ensuring that all relevant stakeholders understand their respective roles and responsibilities.
To facilitate the implementation of a successful Digital Transformation, DAI will start this Project with the process of localization and contextualization of a broader Digital Transformation Roadmap. Transparency in communicating the digital transformation vision to the public would promote good governance principles and add support to anticorruption efforts as key areas of focus of the Cabinet of the Deputy President of the Government in charge of good governance policies.
The purpose of this role is to support the Digital Transformation Lead in the implementation of the Digital Transformation assistance to the Government of N. Macedonia, primarily focusing on the development of a digital transformation roadmap.
The Digital Transformation Program Officer will support the Digital Transformation Lead in charge of implementing all activities accompanying the process of implementation of a digital transformation roadmap, as described below.
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
- Support the development of a Digital Transformation Roadmap for the Government of North Macedonia, taking into consideration the priorities, guidelines and previous work plans from the Government of North Macedonia.
- Support the Digital Transformation Lead in increasing the readiness of key implementers (government bodies and other key stakeholders) and their capacities to actively implement roadmap activities related to them/their mandates by helping them assess existing gaps and Mapping potential remedial actions.
- Support the Digital Transformation Lead in the process of developing an effective Change Management measure related to the current government structure and the wider public for effective Roadmap implementation.
- Inform and mobilize key stakeholders for the implementation of the roadmap by communicating the roadmap using existing government communication channels.
- Support the contextual planning and mapping of relevant stakeholders in the process of the national digital transformation.
- Support the Digital Transformation Lead in publishing the roadmap and organizing public consultations informing key stakeholders of their responsibilities and the implications and risks associated with the implementation of the roadmap.
- Conduct assessment of potential implications for key stakeholders and definition of key change management activities
- Facilitate the development of a government website and run a social media campaign dedicated to the digitalization process to provide information for citizens and stakeholders about the Digital Transformation process through the process of hiring external consultant and/or organization.
- Support the development of a plan and content for creating materials to train Public Administration on the Digital Transformation process in cooperation with the Academy of Professional Development for Administrative Officers (Ministry of Information Society and Administration)
- Support the Critical Infrastructure Digitalization and Resilience (CIDR) program in North Macedonia
DELIVERABLES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Digital Transformation Roadmap plan support.
- Stakeholder mapping and detailed plan support.
- Communications and outreach plan support.
- Facilitate public consultations on the topic of Digital Transformation Roadmap.
- Change management assessment and recommendations to support the roadmap.
- Government website and social media campaign to inform citizens and key stakeholders of the process of Digital Transformation support.
- Support for the Public Administration digital transformation training plan and content developed.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Information Technology or social studies.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in a Technical Support role (digital policy, ICT, or a similar field).
- Understanding and experience in North Macedonia’s Government's strategies.
- Networks and relationships with governmental and/or private sector entities in North Macedonia is a plus.
- Experience in supporting and implementing policies and standards is a plus.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior government officials.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement, international and regional cooperation.
- Strong writing, representational, and organizational skills.
- North Macedonia citizenship or permanent residency status.
- Fluent Macedonian is required as well as the ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English.
How to apply
To apply for the position, please follow the below link.
Critical Infrastructure, Digitization, and Resilience (CIDR) - Digital Transformation Technical Program Officer (formsite.com)