Tetra Tech International Development (http://tetratechintdev.com) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Digital Strategy Intern for Data, Analytics, And Technology for our Digital Strategy team. This position will be based in Burlington, Vermont (preferred), or Arlington, Virginia with consideration of other remote US-based locations.
The Intern will participate in multiple digital transformation activities to facilitate the organization’s data and analytics delivery. This internship will provide hands-on experience with a range of leading software platforms and can help start a successful career in development, building skillsets, expanding networks, and providing real-world experience in this challenging but rewarding work.
This internship is paid, and hours are flexible, between 24-40 per week: the duration is at least six months.
The internship will include but not be limited to the activities noted below:
* Support and build an internal network of stakeholders interested in digital development
* Design Data Visualizations for dashboards and reporting
* Develop thematic maps and spatial analytics to meet end-user needs
* Contribute to developing platforms, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and guidance related to data governance and responsible Data Management and use.
* Support the delivery of data literacy education materials and training, particularly data management and cleaning.
* Perform other relevant duties as identified by the Digital Strategy team
* Recently completed or in progress Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a field related to international development, applied research, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), or data Analysis preferred;
* At least 1 year of overseas work experience preferred;
* Demonstrated experience working with datasets and familiarity with data management best practices
* Strong analytical skills, ability to think big picture strategy and navigate details to ensure accuracy;
* High competency in Microsoft Excel required;
* Experience with the ESRI suite (Arcgis Desktop, Pro, Online) or QGIS preferred;
* Experience with Data Visualization software (Power BI or Tableau) preferred;
* Familiarity with mobile Data Collection tools, ICT4D, or Principles for Digital Development;
* Demonstrated technical writing skills and capacity to synthesize high volumes of information into key messages and to various audiences;
* Clear and effective communications skills, especially across cultures and hierarchies absolutely required;
* Consistently strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through required;
* Strong interpersonal skills, energy, and an enthusiastic collaborator; and
* Ability to remain poised and focused in a fast-paced environment.
* U.S. work authorization required.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/DigitalStrategyInternDAT
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to Covid-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background. If you need reasonable accommodation with your application process, contact our Global Talent Operations team.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, Resource Management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.