The Detention Field Officer will be in charge of supporting the implementation of activities in places of detention located in regions affected by overcrowding (such as NCR, region III and IVA). S/he will lead the detention activities in a specific region and will accompany the jail visits on other regions and take part in the implementation of specific projects. S/he will contribute to regular reports on the situation of the jail system that will shape the dialogue with the various stakeholders in the Criminal Justice system.Apply Now
- Leads and organizes detention activities and follow-ups in his/her area of responsibility.
- Supports the detention visits and subsequent follow-ups in other areas when requested.
- Conducts Data Collection and Analysis obtained from interviews with people deprived of liberty, concerned family members, and jail staff in order to contribute to reports
- Presents the findings of the visits and set of recommendations to jail authorities
- Supports and coordinates Emergency responses when a crisis occurs in detention facilities including but not limited to conducting rapid assessment and distributing lifesaving materials
- Contributes to written reports on the situation of the detention system within his/her area of responsibility
- Helps coordinate all detention-related activities, including collecting information and updates on Project Implementation, with other ICRC's departments
- Develops and maintains a network of key interlocutors within the detention system
- Builds a network of external stakeholders at the local level on detention activities (i.e. Local Government Unit, judiciary, Public Attorney Office, Prosecutors, etc.)
- Collects and compiles, translates/interprets detention related information, prepares written reporting.
- Might be requested to be in charge of additional Detention files.
- University degree or relevant professional experience.
- 3 years’ experience working in a related field, detention being an important asset, or such as social, political or economic sciences.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Filipino
- Excellent computer literacy (word, excel, databases)
- Comprehensive and accurate analytical skills
- High level of negotiation and social skills