Fixed term | 12 months | June 2023
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of Emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and Sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Since 2012, ACTED has been implementing projects with vulnerable communities in Syria with a two-fold approach: ACTED provides life-saving support to vulnerable displaced persons, returnees, and host communities across Syria, through multi-sectorial rapid emergency services, and implements a wide range of resilience building interventions. Thus, ACTED has been able to strengthen its links with Syrian Local Communities and to develop an in-depth knowledge of local dynamics. A team of 900+ is currently working in Syria.
You will be in charge of
Positioning and Fundraising
- Context, Donor and Partner Analysis
- Strategy development
- External Relations
- Fundraising and proposal development
- Contract follow-up
- Partner Follow-up
Management and Internal Coordination
- Staff Management
Expected skills and qualifications
- Strong experience in Grants Management and Fundraising, including leading and preparation of project proposals for institutional donors.
- Knowledge and experience of staff management.
- Experience working on the relevant country response is an asset.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Able to communicate complex information clearly, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Salary between 2750 and 2950€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, Security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Contribution to a housing allowance of up to 75% of ACTED benchmark or accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), including the reference: DPDM/WOS
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.