Fixed-term contract - 6 Months
Starting date : 24/07/2023
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2500 national staffs
- Around 225 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the Basic Needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Learn more on our history, our values, our areas of intervention.
Focus on our activities in UKRAINE
PUI intervenes in Ukraine since 2015, in response to the needs provoked by the conflict in Donbass. PUI develops its integrated approach with health, mental health, protection and WASH projects to improve and restore equitable access to quality health services as well as to water, sanitation and hygiene for the most vulnerable population living in cities located along the contact line in the Donetsk Oblast. PUI also technically and materially assists a large network of Health Facilities and social institutions to improve the quality of care provided to the population.
In order to support the populations currently affected by the conflict in the country, PUI is currently scaling up its activities in Donbass and in other regions of Ukraine.
What about the Deputy Field Coordinator for Programs - Kharkiv ?
As Deputy Field Coordinator for Programs, you will be responsible for monitoring the effective implementation of the program at the base level and for monitoring PUI's contractual obligations and reporting. You will also be responsible for representing PUI on programmatic issues to other humanitarian actors and to technical and administrative state authorities at the local level.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
Strategic Development, follow-up of operations and reporting: You will coordinate the project teams through the program managers and ensure the proper implementation of the operational and qualitative aspects of the programs (objectives monitoring, respect of deadlines and budgetary deadlines, quality control, team synergy in accordance with the contractual documents and in compliance with PUI policies and procedures. You will ensure that contractual obligations are respected and coordinate the writing of reports. You will ensure that the programs developed are in line with PUI's mandate and strategy and will propose new interventions according to the evolution of the humanitarian situation in the region.
MEAL: You will coordinate the MEAL department and ensure the implementation of the activities of this department as well as the interactions with the programs and the Design of relevant tools.
Representation: You will participate in technical forums (working groups) at the local level in collaboration with the project leaders. You will assist the Field Co in Coordination meetings between NGOs or with political and administrative authorities.
Human Resources: You will be the direct supervisor of the project managers in this base and will ensure that appropriate support and Capacity Building is provided to senior program staff.
Logistics and Administration: You will support the project managers in supervising the logistical and administrative tasks of the projects with the support of the logistics and administration departments.
The challenges that await you :
Take the lead in proposing programmatic orientations. Ensure a smooth planning of the activities on the field. Ensure a good collaboration between the different programmatic departments on the base, including the project managers and the technical supervisors. Act as a Field Co in his/her absence.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Master‘s degree in a field related to project management, international development and/or social sciences.
- Experience: You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience in project management and/or monitoring, and at least 2 years as a humanitarian project manager. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You master the methodology and the project management cycle, you have competences in studies and diagnosis. If you have knowledge of humanitarian donors, of Database Management and statistical software packages, it would be appreciated.
- Qualities: You have strong leadership and management skills, the ability to make decisions, a sense of Analysis (discernment, pragmatism) and synthesis. You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate organization, rigor, flexibility, and a strong commitment to support/build capacity of project leaders. You also have a good resilience to stress.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Ukrainian and/or Russian, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Come join a highly motivated team, within a growing mission ! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 340,00 - 2 590,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses ("Per Diem")
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its Humanitarian Action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.