Who is USP?
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world's top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP's fundamental belief that Equity = Excellence manifests in our core value of Passion for Quality through our more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver the mission to strengthen the supply of safe, quality medicines and supplements worldwide.
Who USP is Looking For?
United States Pharmacopeia (USP) is seeking three (3) Deputy Directors for Health Commodities for the QuTI program. Each of the three Deputy Directors must specialize in one of three health areas, including:
1) Director" id="link" class="link">Deputy Director - HIV
2) Deputy Director - Malaria
3) Deputy Director - Population Reproductive Health and Essential Medicines
The USAID NextGen Qualifying, Testing, Issuing Project (QuTI) will be part of USAID's Next Generation Global Health Supply Chain Suite of Programs (NextGen), a 10-year, $17 billion suite of nine contracts that will collectively fund the procurement and distribution of lifesaving health commodities in support of USAID-funded Health Programs around the world. The QuTI contract, with an estimated budget of $250 million over 10 years, will serve as the primary vehicle through which USAID will help assure the quality, safety, and effectiveness of health commodities procured under NextGen.
The above positions are/will be contingent on contract award, expected in mid 2023.
• Bachelor’s Degree required and advanced graduate degree preferred in relevant quality assurance field.
• Must have a scientific, technical background in a discipline related to quality assurance of health commodities.
• At least 10 years of health commodity quality assurance experience, of which 5 years must be in a developing country context.
• Must have a minimum of two years of project management experience in international health projects.
• Must have demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with international organizations that have a common interest in quality assurance of health commodities.
• Knowledge of commodities used to diagnose, prevent, and treat HIV/AIDS related diseases; knowledge of commodities used to diagnose, prevent, and treat malaria; or knowledge of Family Planning and reproductive health commodities and essential medicines.
• The following certifications offered by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) are preferred but not required:
o CQA–Quality Auditor (CQA)
o Pharmaceutical GMP Professional (CPGP)
o Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE)
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing is protected.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy (will apply to the selected candidate(s) hired:
As a condition of employment with the United States Pharmacopeial Convention's (USP) duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of known hazards, all employees and contingent staff hired after July 1st, 2021, must be fully present vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment in all aspects of our work—from the standards we make to the partnerships and conversations we cultivate. An environment where every employee feels fully empowered and valued irrespective of, but not limited to, personality, race, ethnicity, physical and mental abilities, education, religion, gender identity and expression, life experience, sexual orientation, country of origin, regional differences, work experience, and family status. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
Note: USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Category Contingent Staff
Job Type Full-Time
How to apply
Please apply through our careers site.