Desired start date: September 2022
Duration of the mission: 1 year
Location: Amman, with regular visits to the field
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) has been working in Syria since 2012.
The mission employs approx. 350 staff, and has an approx. EUR 25 million EUR budget for 2022.
There are 3 implementing field bases in Syria (2 in North East Syria/NES, 1 in North West Syria/NWS) with the Coordination based in Amman - Jordan.
The Syria mission is dedicated to work in challenging contexts to provide lifesaving activities to the population affected by the conflict. A turn from lifesaving activities to more post-emergency/development has also been undertaken.
- NES programs provide an integrated assistance in the WASH, NFI, Shelter and Livelihoods sectors to displaced populations and host communities affected by the conflict.
- NWS programs provide WASH and NFI/Winterization support to affected populations.
To learn more about the mission, please click here.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Deputy Country Director for Support Services (DCD-Support) leads all the support services of the mission.
- She/he directly manages and coordinates the following support functions: Finance, Human Resources, Logistics, NES Supply.
- S/he ensures the respect by all of SI’s HR, Finance and Logistics rules and processes.
- S/he participates to the strategic definition of the mission.
- Team management
- Risk Management and Coordination
- Coordinator" id="link" class="link">Finance Coordinator support and supervision
- HR Coordinator support and supervision
- Logistics Coordinator and Supply Coordinator support and supervision:
- Reporting / Communication & lessons learnt
- Support to Partnership Management
- Line manager : Country Director
- Direct reports: 4 => HR Coordinator, Finance Coordinator, Supply Coordinator and Logistics Coordinator.
- Functional manager: HQ Finance, National HR and Logistics Advisors
- The context remains very volatile on the field, and requires flexibility and frequent adaptations
/! Please note this position requires visits to the field bases
Priorities for the 2/3 first months
- Consolidate the Remote Management processes for some areas of intervention
- Guide and support the support services to reach key strategic objectives as:
- Capacity Building
- Strategy implementation,
- IT improvement (365 migration),
Improve finance dpt reporting and internal communication
- University degree in a related area (BA, MA)
Experience and technical skills
- 5 years of practical experience in support services coordination on a large humanitarian mission
- Experience in conflict/post-conflict contexts, preferably with experience in supporting emergency response
- Solid experience in team management (including expatriates in support functions)
- Knowledge of security protocols and
- Experience in strategic design
- Knowledge of major donor requirements and compliance issues
- Stakeholder management
- Experience in data Analysis
- Proven critical analysis skills
- IT skills
- Microsoft Office Pack, included Excel and database management
+ Experience and / or knowledge of the Syrian crisis is an asset;
+ Experience with SI is an asset;
+ Experience and / or knowledge of OFDA projects;
+ Experience in partner capacity building;
Soft skills & personality
- Strong capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities
- Ability and willingness to work in an insecure environment
- attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members
- Strong organizational and planning skills; ability to deal with peaks of heavy workload
- Problem-solving and pro-activity
- Strong diplomatic skills with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent intercultural skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Training skills: ability to build the capacity diverse audiences
+ Commitment to the international humanitarian principles.
- Bilingual in English
- Arabic language skills is a major asset
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried position
According to experience, starting from EUR 2 860 gross / per month (2600 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance, paid monthly); and a Per Diem of USD 785 / per month.
SI covers both the accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's residency and the field.
Living conditions in Amman are very good with access to a wide range of restaurants, cafes... Most products (food, clothing…) are easily accessible in Amman. Security risks are extremely low and restrictions are very limited.
However, on the field bases, living conditions are more basic, with fewer opportunities for socialization, as well as some individual movements’ restrictions. Security levels vary according to the different geographical locations and changes of context.
During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months.
SI provides a USD 850 break allowance.
For example, for a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have 7 working days off at 3, 6 and 9 month.
In addition to these, SI adds 1 additional monthly rest day / per month of work, i.e. 12 additional days off for a one-year contract.
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package, which includes all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system, including war risks.
Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English.
Please note the vacancy may close before the deadline.
For more information about SI, please consult our website.