Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of Law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Mali, Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria, and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations, and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The USAID/Mali Rule of Law Activity will assist the Government of Mali to strengthen the accountability and responsiveness of justice sector institutions and enhance their ability to serve and communicate effectively with the public. Working with both the formal and informal justice sectors, this five-year program will also improve Access to Justice and enhance the Government of Mali’s capacity to implement justice-related reforms and policies.
The role of the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will have a technical/programmatic focus and will support the Chief of Party (COP) in overall project direction and adaptive management. The DCOP will work closely with the Chief of Party to ensure quality control, efficiency, integrity, and learning throughout the project’s duration.
- Provide overall management and technical direction of activities that will enable equal and equitable access to people-centered justice for all, especially marginalized people.
- Coordinate activities with the senior management team to support the end goals of strengthening the accountability and responsiveness of justice sector institutions and increasing public trust in the judiciary.
- Manage external relationships with stakeholders, including grantees and partners. Facilitate the resolution of technical challenges among partners and foster a healthy partnership team.
- Participate in work planning, performance management, Data Collection, quality assurance, budgetary control, and responsiveness of technical assistance to ensure compliance with USAID regulations.
- Draft technical deliverables and project reports as needed.
- Supervise country-based technical staff.
- Represent the project at external meetings, as directed by the COP.
- Serve as acting COP as needed.
Please note this five-year position is contingent upon funding and USAID approval. Malian citizens are encouraged to apply. The position will be based in Bamako.
- Degree in law, Human Rights, international development, or other relevant fields; advanced degree preferred.
- Expertise in human rights-based approaches to sustainable development, including access to justice for marginalized populations.
- Seven (7) years of professional experience implementing access to justice, rule of law, judicial reform, anti-corruption, democracy, human rights, and/or governance programs.
- Experience working in Mali and/or other Francophone African countries is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of judicial reform issues and programming in Mali.
- Experience supervising diverse teams and managing stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, supervision, and written/oral communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken French is required; proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to Covid-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities, and those impacted by our work.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities, and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.