Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe. Global Communities is seeking an experienced Deputy Chief of Party for the anticipated 5-year, USAID-funded Feed the Future Rwanda Orora Wihaze program. The purpose of the Rwanda Orora Wihaze (i.e., Orora Wihaze) activity is to sustainably increase the availability of, access to, and consumption of animal-source foods (ASF) through development of a profitable market. The activity will improve the dietary diversity of women of reproductive age (15-49 years of age), especially pregnant and lactating women (PLW), and of children between the ages of 6 to 23 months (CU2) in poor, rural households.
Under the direction of the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party will work with USAID Rwanda, Government of Rwanda, and other stakeholders to ensure that project goals are achieved.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support project implementation, ensuring timely and high-quality achievement of program targets and deliverables.
- Work with senior staff to manage program budget to meet expected results, ensuring cost-effective use of Global Communities and donor resources.
- Using principals of adaptive management, solve challenges under tight deadlines while ensuring operational integrity and program impact.
- Maintain a strong network of key partners and stakeholders to increase sustainable impacts beyond the life of the program.
- Supervise program staff and partners.
- aster’s degree in animal production, international development, agriculture, economics, food science or related field (with experience in livestock related agribusiness) of study is desirable.
- Five (5) years or more of progressively responsible work experience in managing and implementing multi-faceted international agriculture and agribusiness development programs similar in scope and complexity to that of Orora Wihaze, preferably in East Africa or in a country context similar to Rwanda, is highly desirable.
- Five (5) years or more of experience in engagement with host governments on private sector development in agriculture related value chains, enabling environment issues, institutional and policy reforms, and private sector development is desirable.
- Experience leading collaborative, participatory livestock production and market development efforts in communities with similar levels of education, risk tolerance, habits related to ASF consumption, etc. as seen in Rwanda is desirable.
- Substantial management and project management experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff and working in a multi-cultural environment, is desirable
- Experience working with a wide range of key agriculture sector stakeholders, including government entities and the donor community, as well as civil society organizations (e.g., farmer organizations and cooperatives, NGOs, CBOs, etc.) and the private sector is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written English is required.
- Oral and written fluency in Kinyarwanda, as well as in depth knowledge of the local operating environment in Rwanda, is desirable.
Citizens of Rwanda are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Other Jobs at the Same Organization (10)
Deputy Chief of Party, Durable Communities and Economic Opportunities, Baghdad, Iraq ending on 08 May 2019, Wednesday
Chief of Party, Amman, Jordan ending on 30 Apr 2019, Tuesday
Chief of Party, Durable Communities and Economic Opportunities, Baghdad, Iraq ending on 08 May 2019, Wednesday
Development Manager, Silver Spring, USA ending on 02 May 2019, Thursday
Global Human Resources Manager, Silver Spring, USA ending on 02 May 2019, Thursday
Technical Director, Governance, Silver Spring, USA ending on 02 May 2019, Thursday
Officer, Economic Growth and Market Systems, Silver Spring, USA ending on 02 May 2019, Thursday
Grants Manager, Durable Communities and Economic Opportunities, Baghdad, Iraq ending on 08 May 2019, Wednesday
Director of Finance, Durable Communities and Economic Opportunities, Baghdad, Iraq ending on 08 May 2019, Wednesday
Deputy Chief of Party, Damascus, Syria ending on 31 May 2019, Friday