Deputy Chief of Party (Agriculture, Nutrition and Livelihoods for Feed the Future/Water and Food Systems for Resilient Communities Activity)
Tetra Tech International Development (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party - Agriculture, Nutrition and Livelihoods position on a USAID-funded Feed The Future/Water and Food Systems for Resilient Communities Activity.
The anticipated five-year Activity aims to inclusively and equitably improve integrated water Resource Management, strengthen food systems, and improve water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) service delivery so communities will be empowered to mitigate and adapt to shocks and stressors, thus maintaining their nutrition, health, and livelihood wellbeing.
This full-time position will be based in Kampala, Uganda with frequent travel to the Karamoja region
*Support the Chief of Party (COP) to ensure that the Design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and progress of all program activities are in accordance with established strategies and meet the goals and objectives of targeted communities, beneficiary groups, USAID, and the Government of Uganda.
*Provide strategic vision and technical expertise, and manage technical staff focusing on areas such as agricultural extension, nutrition, and value chain development.
*Ensure that cross-cutting themes such as gender and youth engagement are fully integrated into programming and activities.
*Provide mentoring, coaching, and supervision for direct technical reports.
* Master’s degree in agribusiness, Business Management, economics, international development, or other relevant disciplines.
* At least 15 years of experience implementing development activities with demonstrated technical expertise in one or more of the following technical disciplines: value chain development, agricultural extension, natural resource management, Climate Change or nutrition.
* At least 5 years of experience leading technical teams and activities for large-scale (>$25 million) donor-funded projects in East Africa, preferably Uganda. Experience working in the Karamoja region is highly desirable.
* Proven ability to maintain productive working relationships with donor representatives, government officials, private sector actors, and other stakeholders.
* Ability to serve as acting Chief of Party in his/her absence.
* Fluency in English required.
* Uganda nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/DCOPFeedtheFuture
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to Covid-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.