Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm specialized in complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies. Our clients include, for example, the World Bank, USAID, TechnoServe, Promundo, the Mastercard Foundation, and several UN agencies.
We currently have offices in the Netherlands, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania. The team brings together more than 70 full time local and international staff, as well as 1,000+ enumerators across all countries. We are proud to be a culturally diverse organization, and we welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in our team. Learn more: www.laterite.com
We work in socio-economic Development Research projects. We believe that impact is a long-term endeavour that requires being embedded in the local context. Delivering high-quality research requires building local teams and Data Collection systems, knowing the country, and establishing close working relationships.
One of Laterite’s key strategic goals is to create a collaborative and rewarding working environment for our staff, where every team member feels engaged, represented, and heard. Laterite is committed to create opportunities for learning and Career Development within the team and across our offices.
Laterite is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
The Data Quality Analyst position is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Data Quality Analysts at Laterite play a hands-on role in the implementation of projects by ensuring that relevant quality control measures are in place at all key stages of a project, from research instruments coding to data collection processes to incoming data monitoring. Other responsibilities include contributing to the improvement of the current quality control processes and tools.
- Codes research instruments and reviews them to ensure internal flow and consistency.
- Creates/adapts project specific monitoring tools.
- Trains audit enumerators on project specific monitoring tools.
- Conducts regular quality checks on incoming data and shares feedback with project lead in the Data Team.
- Cleans and further processes incoming data.
- Reports on the progress of assigned tasks to the Data Quality Associate.
Quality-team based responsibilities
- Contributes to the development of different Data Processing and monitoring tools. These tools should be efficient, effective and to the maximum extent automated.
- Works closely with other teams within Laterite to ensure quality control at the different stages of a research project cycle.
- Builds efficient internal systems for the management of Laterite’s resources and assets.
Minimum qualification and requirements
- At least 1 year of work experience in a data heavy role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Engineering or related field.
- Familiarity with statistical Analysis and related tools/software (in particular Stata).
- Excellent oral and written communications in English and Amharic (any other local language is a plus).
- Must be an Ethiopian national
Laterite offers a competitive remuneration package, including medical insurance and 21 days of annual leave. We are also committed to supporting our staff’s learning, providing an annual learning budget of up to $1,000 per person and 10 days of time off for professional learning each year. We also provide remote work options in accordance with Laterite's remote work policy.
The salary for this role is between ETB 43,000 and ETB 59,000 net per month. The salary is paid in local currency and is re-adjusted for any devaluation in the currency compared to the US dollar based on the latest exchange rate (USD to local currency) of January 1st each year. The exact salary grade will be determined based on the selected candidate’s experience and performance in interviews. Salaries are pegged against the pay matrix, and grades are reviewed every 6 months. There is ample opportunity for growth both in terms of salary scales and roles. Promotions at Laterite are reviewed every 6 months during our performance evaluation.
How to apply
The first step is to complete a 30-minute numeracy and literacy assessment for which no special preparation is needed.
Link to assessment: https://form.jotform.com/223513800611544
Successful candidates will then be invited to upload their CV and cover letter via our online application system.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP. For more information about how rolling applications work and about our recruitment process in general, please refer to our Careers page: laterite.com/careers. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org