Under the guidance of WHO Representative to Myanmar, direct supervision of Technical Officer -Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) and in close consultation and Coordination with Health Management Information System (HMIS) and central Expanded Programme on Immunization (cEPI), Ministry of Health and Sports, Myanmar, the Covid19 vaccination assistants will assist HMIS and cEPI in the implementation of Covid19 vaccination at respective states and regions of the country. Furthermore, this includes monitoring, recording, reporting and evaluation of the Covid19 vaccination information system. Candidate(s) will also provide support for implementation of relevant parts of WHO Myanmar country cooperative strategy 2019-2025 and Myanmar Sustainable Development Plan 2018-2030. Routine tasks are performed independently within detailed guidelines. Overall supervision is focused on successful delivery of client oriented and efficient implementation of operational services.Apply Now
Major Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Covid19 vaccination assistants will work under direct supervision of Technical Officer (EPI), WHO Myanmar, and will be responsible for the following tasks in close coordination and communication with MoHS Myanmar:
- To assist EPI team in the planning, implementation and management of Covid19 vaccine introduction at central and States & Regions
- To assist state and regional EPI team in the development of Covid19 vaccination plan including identification of eligible community in their respective state or region
- To provide assistance to advocate community and stakeholders on the plan and schedule of Covid19 vaccination roll out and assist in the training of basic health and frontline service staff of respective States and Regions
- To participate in the supervision and monitoring of Covid19 vaccination and also to participate in the vaccine safety activities (active and passive surveillance of AEFI)
- To assist state/region in cooperation and coordination with other NGOs, INGOs and EHOs on the management of Covid19 containment and Covid19 vaccination.
- Provide Technical Support to HMIS, cEPI and WHO on:
- preparation of training and provide assistance for trainings at respective states/regions
- to manage data for Covid19 vaccination programmes at respective states/regions and to generate report periodically
- to provide technical assistance in the trouble shooting related to the software
- Monitoring and Evaluation of the operational status of the software for Covid19 vaccination programmes.
- To assist activities for high coverage of Covid19 vaccination particularly among peri-urban and migrant populations, supporting implementation of relevant parts of WHO Myanmar country cooperation strategy 2019-2025.
- To partake in strengthening health service systems to help enable universal health coverage, as per National Health Plans 2017-21 and 2022-26 and Myanmar Sustainable Development Plan 2018-2030.
- Perform any other additional assignments as needed.
- To submit monthly assignment reports, as well as an end of assignment report, to WHO Myanmar.
Work Relations and PartnershipsThe Covid19 vaccination assistants assist respective State & Regional EPI team on implementation, monitoring, reporting, evaluation of Covid19 vaccination information, including active and passive AEFI surveillance information. Vaccination assistants will collaborate with local NGOs, ethnic health organizations, INGOs and partners, such as UNICEF, PATH, for Covid19 vaccination programmes.
Impact of functionsQuality, accurate and timely Covid19 vaccination reporting through real-time monitoring of vaccine efficacy, active and passive surveillance of adverse events following immunization (active and passive AEFI surveillance) from both public and private sectors; to ensure maximum vaccination coverage for all eligible population groups safely and effectively.
Educational backgroundRequired: Completion of secondary education Desirable:
- University degree
- Working knowledge on Health Information system strengthening and related software especially DHIS 2 software
Desirable: University degree Professional experience and knowledge
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the field of health programme and health information. Able to work independently and take initiative.
- Working experience with Ministry of Health & Sports, or national-international organization an asset.
- Sufficient knowledge of Information Technology related to HMIS system.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge on Microsoft office package
- Skills and knowledge on Data Management system
- Expert knowledge of English and Myanmar language (spoken and written).
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and a strictly non smoking policy
- Duty station – 2 at Naypyitaw; 2 at Yangon; 2 at Shan (North); 2 at Rakhine; and one each at remaining 14 states/regions