Save the Children International is calling fresh graduates & young professionals to apply for an Internship in Türkiye Country Office with its Q2 2023 call!
Comprehensive Internship Programme of Türkiye Country Office provides fresh graduates and young professionals with the opportunity to develop themselves in civic sector by getting to know international non-governmental organization (INGO) business environment. With this unique experience, potential talents will gain exposure to humanitarian sector which will allow them to see their potential; they will have the chance to work with and learn from experienced professionals and benefit from enhanced mentoring system and internal Training Programmes.
Responsibilities and requirements for each function in Türkiye Country Office is different, therefore; after successfully selected, interns will be assigned to relevant departments (HR & Admin, Finance, Supply Chain, Programme Development & Quality, Programme Operations & Country Management) of Türkiye Country Office depending on their backgrounds, qualifications and existing departmental needs. Interns will be responsible for fullfilling challenging and complex tasks assigned by their reporting lines based on each departments` needs and have the chance to get trained on the job. Internships at Save the Children Türkiye Country Office will be for an initial duration of 6 months, which may be extended further on specific circumstances.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelor's degree in Social & Political Sciences, Business Administration, Economics or any other relevant field;
- Genuine interest and motivation to pursue a career in humanitarian sector;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills in English and Turkish;
- Good attention to details and to be able to work under stress;
- Computer literate (including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint and Outlook) and ability to do internet based research;
- Strong organisational skills and discretion with confidential information;
- Ability to work independently and proactively;
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load;
- Preferably previous experience (including paid internships) in NGOs or private sector;
- Preferably verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills in Arabic;
- Volunteering and international experience is highly desired.
What we offer for our interns:
- Multicultural and flexible working environment;
- Development and training opportunities in their area;
- Out of the box internship experience to prepare them real working environment in their field;
- Competitive salary commensurate with the pay-grade (Intern) of the position;
- Improved knowledge on I/NGO sector and institutional donors.
Position holders will be based in Istanbul, Gaziantep or Hatay, therefore legal right to work in Türkiye is necessary at the time of application.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and Child Protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality Basic Education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued. Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative Organisational Culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2luYW4uOTM5MTQuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t