INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Country Logistics and Supply Coordinator
Duty station: Vinnytsia, with frequent field travel
Starting date: 01/04/2023
Contract duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: Logistics, Supply and IT staffs
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
The war broke out in Ukraine in March 2022. Since then, millions of people have fled to the neighboring countries, raising a big concern on how to manage such an immense flux of people. In order to support refugees, INTERSOS is setting up an Emergency response operation in Poland and Ukraine.
General purpose of the position
- Define and implement all supply, logistics and ITC strategies and support to the mission, ensuring the pertinence and coherence of logistics and supply systems, adequacy of the means provided and compliance to INTERSOS standard, protocols and procedures in order to foster the development of the mission and optimise the impact of the projects.
- Work closely with program and administrative staffs to ensure comprehensive reporting, support and assistance to all INTERSOS activities.
- Is responsible for the logistics management of IMP software and part of the mission Senior Management Team (SMT).
Main responsibilities and tasks
Coordination and support
- Participate actively in the definition and update of annual project planning and budgets, defining strategies and providing advice to the Head of Mission in the translation of the identified logistics, supply and ICT needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for the mission
- Is responsible for monitoring the implementation of logistics, supply and ICT activities in the mission (construction and rehabilitation, stock and supply of non-medical and medical material, fleet management and transport, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/installation and infrastructures, security rules (implementation and enforcement, ICT, assets etc.)
- Ensure compliance of INTERSOS standards, protocols and procedures, across the mission and according to donor requirements including procurement. Report to the Head of Mission on the development of the ongoing programmes and propose reorientation strategies when needed
- Is responsible for ensuring technical reference and support for all logistics, supply and ICT issues in the mission, providing coaching to logistics staffs and representing INTERSOS in meetings with authorities, other NGOs and coordination networks for technical/logistics related issues
- Ensure the production of mission level’s SOPs (if needed) for the Logistics needs
Logistics Information Management
- Provide monthly reporting to the Head of Mission and Regional Logistics Coordinator (through IMP) and related people on projects/mission evolution from the technical/logistics perspective and propose corrections if needed
- Ensure that data reported in INTERSOS Logistics software (Intersos Management Platform - IMP) is correctly used and accurate. Provide training to mission staff if required and support the implementation of INTERSOS Logistics software in missions
Supply-Chain Management and Procurement
- Monitoring overall procurement performance for the mission. Ensure effective and cost efficient procurement planning by liaising with technical staff, Heads of Base and/or Project Managers. Ensure that online procurement plans are created on IMP and up to date while guaranteeing INTERSOS and donor procurement policies and procedures are being adhered to at all times. Carry out research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- Coordinate with the Administration and Finance Department to ensure that payment processes to suppliers are made on-time and respecting the financial systems
- Plan and perform field audits to ensure consistency in process application and proper documentation and filing are maintained
- Develop and implement service Contract Management instructions, policies and procedures. Examine and re-evaluate existing service contracts and oversee regular rent, utilities payments (i.e., electricity, water, gas, etc.), office and guesthouses maintenance contracts and running costs procedures. Ensure that they are properly handled by Logistics Officer and Assistants, Administration and/or focal points
- Overview that the Supply Manager/Assistant and Base Logistics Officer maintain and update a pre-qualified suppliers list per base
- Is responsible for ensuring the good storage of all projects materials within warehouse/stock, in respect of the INTERSOS Supply SOPs and regular inventory checks on a quarterly basis
- Check and coordinate with logistics staffs that goods deliveries are done as planned and properly stored
- Prepare and launch tenders documents in coordination with the Supply team
- Ensure that INTERSOS Fleet Management model, movement security protocols and Brand Identity Manual is applied in missions - fleet is checked, regularly maintained and that vehicles are insured and taxes are paid
- Follow-up on proper monitoring of fuel consumption and use of vehicle log-book, maintenance log, oil log and other fleet formats and templates by field logistics staff. Ensure that proper documentation of vehicles (i.e. lease, insurance, mechanical inspection, etc.) is properly handled by logistics staffs
- Contribute to the development of sustainable approaches to transport management by streamlining INTERSOS environmental policy and Regional Office suggestions
Facilities and Communications management
- Oversee the installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and guesthouses facilities in an adequate living condition and in accordance with INTERSOS minimum standards and brand identity manual. Ensure the application of defined safety and security measures and make inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities
- Is responsible for ensuring that facilities have an appropriate IT and Communications infrastructure and equipment to sustain INTERSOS software platforms and in line with policies and procedures - allowing permanent communication between capital, projects, bases and HQ and proper management of the bases. Guarantees that all staff in the mission have proper training on how to use communications equipment available (e.g. satellite phones, HF/VHF radios, computers, etc.)
- Contribute to the development of sustainable approaches to Facility Management by streamlining INTERSOS environmental policy and Regional Office suggestions
- Oversee the purchase, use and maintenance of IT assets, office and project equipment and communication tools, while ensuring that all mission assets registered in IMP are documented, issued with unique INTERSOS asset numbers, tagged and logged according to Asset Management policies and procedures
- Report asset list at the end of project and oversee asset rollover according to defined destination with the Programs Department
- Oversee regular fixed assets check on a quarterly basis
Human Resources management
- Coordinate the Logistics team and participates to the HR processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff’s development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he is accountable for
- In collaboration with the Head of Mission and the Security Referent is responsible for co-defining and monitoring the technical aspects of the risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the mission security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, monitoring on a daily basis the security rules and reporting to the Head of Mission of any problem. For this purpose, in case of absence of a dedicated Security Focal Point, the Logistics Coordinator has to create an appropriate environment to facilitate exchange of information on security situations. Is the security back up in the absence of the Head of Mission
Required profile and experience
Essential degree and specialization in Logistics
- Essentially at least five years of working experience in relevant jobs and previous humanitarian experience with ngos in developing countries
- Desirable previous experience in emergencies
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Mission language essential. Local working language desirable
- Strategic vision
- People management and development
- Service orientation
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ukrainian and Russian highly desirable
- Behavioural flexibility
- Results and quality orientation
- Stress management
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/missioni/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/6346938855eed60021988350
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.