The USAID-funded global Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Partnerships and Learning for Sustainability (WASHPaLS) #2 project implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Country Lead (Mozambique) to support a Cholera research short-term technical assignment. This position will be located in Mozambique.
Position Description/Summary: The purpose of this assignment is to support a two-part cholera study, primarily in Malawi and Mozambique, to better understand (1) the role of primary care availability (measured through oral rehydration point availability) in slowing community spread and reducing cholera-related mortality and (2) roles local and international partners played during both incipient and intense stages of the 2022 cholera outbreaks in Malawi and Mozambique, and how local and international partners can work together to minimize impact of future outbreaks.
The anticipated level of effort for this assignment is 75 days beginning on/about July 3, 2023, and concluding on/about November 3, 2023. The Country Lead will be based and perform the work in-country with some domestic travel to select areas.
* Lead research activities in Mozambique (build and maintain relations with principal study counterparts in country, including government stakeholders; assist Spatial Epidemiologist in securing access to data; support Team Leader on Design of qualitative study; guide teams of enumerators and translators conducting qualitative research; ensure Data Quality
* Serve as the key point of contact for the Team Leader
* Participate in project communications (attend weekly Study Team meetings to provide technical insight and feedback as requested) and provide weekly feedback as requested
* Master’s degree or higher in public health, epidemiology, geography or other relevant discipline
* Ten (10) or more years of professional experience working int eh field of WASH or public health in Mozambique
* Experience in Communicable Diseases control research/response in Mozambique
* Demonstrated experience in report writing/communication of study findings
* Demonstrated knowledge of Health Sector (actors, institutions, policies) in Mozambique
* Demonstrated proficiency in English and Portuguese
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/WP2CountryLeadMozambique
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to Covid-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, Resource Management, energy, and international development. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation with your application process, contact our Global Talent Operations team.