Fixed Term | 12 Months | ASAP
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since 2012 with a Coordination office in Sanaa, and 6 area offices in Aden, Al Dhalee, Marib, Saadah, Dhamar, and Al Hudaydah. ACTED currently intervenes in 8 governorates (Aden, Al Dhalee, Al Hudaydah, Abyan, Marib, Raymah, Saadah, and Dhamar). Key areas of intervention focus on providing emergency response, Durable Solutions, and sustainable development depending on each governorate’s unique circumstances. ACTED achieves these goals by focusing on several key sectors, namely: WASH, Food Security and Livelihoods, Sustainable Agriculture, Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM), Infrastructure Rehabilitation, Economic Recovery, Capacity-Building of Local Civil Service Organizations, and Cash & Voucher Programs. ACTED is a proud member of the Cash Consortium of Yemen (CCY), Yemen Displacement Response (YDR) consortium, and recently led a flagship consortium project focused on developing Pathways to Durable Solutions for IDPs in Yemen.
Prior to the commencement of conflict in Yemen in 2015, ACTED focused more heavily on Development Projects (infrastructure, sustainable WASH, etc.), whereas the needs began to shift towards emergency response programming as the situation evolved. In response, ACTED has adapted its programming to best suit the needs of each governorate, whether that be emergency response, sustainable development, or through a hybrid approach.
You will be in charge of
The Country Finance and HR/Admin Manager (CFHM) is a key member of the Management Team at country level. He/she will be responsible for ACTED financial and HR management in-country under the authority of the Director" id="link" class="link">Country Director and Finance & Administrative Director in HQ. The CFHM ensures that national legislation is adhered to, and that ACTED’s financial and HR/admin standards are applied in terms of accounting, financial control systems, internal / external reporting processes, labor law and legal framework in order to ensure an efficient use of resources. He/She leads, provides Technical Support and Capacity Building to the country finance and HR/administrative staff. The CFHM shall alert the Country Director and Finance Director in case some major problems arise with a potential financial or legal impact on the mission.
Accounting and treasury Management
- Accounting management – supervise the accounting cycle for the mission
- Treasury management – ensure a controlled and smooth Cash Management
Commitment of expenditures, budget control, & Financial Management
- Commitment of expenditure – guaranty budget availability and compliance to ACTED and donor’s procedures before releasing payments
- Project budget follow-up, mission’s cost control, internal & external audits – anticipate and mitigate financial risks ensuring operations are run in a compliant and cost-efficient manner
Project financial cycle management
- Develop project budgets and reports – ensure the financial feasibility of projects, respecting ACTED and donors’ rules and deadlines
- HR and Admin Management
Team leadership & other tasks
- Manage the team: definition of ToRs, recruitment, appraisal, training, internal mobility
- Promote strong & structured articulations with all ACTED teams
- Plan field missions
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Msc in Finance, Audit, Business Management, Economics or equivalent;
- 3+ years of solid experience in financial & budget management;
- Excellent financial and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance;
- Ability to manage a financial team and demonstrate leadership;
- Ability to monitor and evaluate financial skills of teams through capacity-building efforts;
- Ability to undertake serious responsibilities and to manage stress efficiently;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Prior knowledge of the region an asset.
- Salary between 4000 and 4200€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Rest & Recuperation (R&R) every 2 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com), including the reference: CFM/YEM
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.