The Operations Department’s mandate is giving a fast and of quality response to the most vulnerable populations, in an independent and relevant way. In addition, it has the task of influencing the most profound causes and related vulnerability politics through Analysis and mobilization of public opinion, donors and social and political actors. The department leads the response to new challenges to the fight Against Hunger by adapting our response (strategic focuses, Emergency response, management etc.) to new contexts and enhancing synergies with other departments, other HQs and complementary actors.Apply Now
Key activities in your role will include
- The Director" id="link" class="link">Country Director (CD) is the maximum responsible of Action Against Hunger (AAH) in the mission.
- In Coordination with the desk officer, he/she will ensure the correct management of resources in order to achieve the strategic objectives.
- He/she will ensure the following of the regional and national strategy, maintaining quality and relevance of the carried out actions, always under the organization’s mandate.
- The CD, through his/her leadership, will motivate the team, anticipating and managing possible conflicts.
- He/She will encourage innovative focus and will supervise the Coordination Team.
- Likewise, he/she will be defining the training strategy and professional development of his/her team, above all off the national one.
- The CD is responsible for the security of his/her team, he/she will promote, encourage and supervise the implementation of the charter of principles of Action against Hunger, as well as of its ethics code and anti-fraud politics.
- He/She will represent Action against Hunger before donors, authorities, international organizations, other NGOs, private sector and whichever institution of interest. The CD is in charge of ensuring the financial viability of the mission in coordination with HQ and of ensuring an efficient management of available resources of the Mission.
- He/She will direct the implementation of the fundraising strategy of public and private funds, designed in coordination with HQ.
- Likewise, he/she will be responsible of promoting technical innovative focus and fostering best practices and their replicability. The CD is responsible of achieving the annual objectives of the mission.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Knowledge of key donors of the sector;
- Strong networking and representational skills;
- Emergency Response coordination;
- Strategic and operational planning;
- Team management and leadership;
- Desirable: Knowledge of AAH technical areas of work (WaSH, FSL, Nut, DRR);
- Security management in sensitive contexts
- Minimum 3 years in International NGO management/coordination (Country Director level); Valuable: Experience in the Philippines or with Action Against Hunger (AAH) network
- Experience in identification, negotiation and management of development and emergency response projects. Command of issues related to the humanitarian system and International cooperation.
- Previous Experience as Country Director in similar contexts and organizations; High skills of representation and negotiation with donors and stakeholders
- High skills in constructing a medium-term strategy, defining and following the operation planning and response to emergency situations; Adaptability to political and cultural contexts and capacity of managing stress and working under pressure.
Our remuneration package:
- Incorporation into a multicultural, professional and innovative organization with the possibility of participating in projects with high social impact.
- Contract length: Indeterminate
- Base: Manilla (Philippines)
- Family duty station YES
- Compensation Package consisting of:
- Salary: From 50.806 euros euro/gross/year (including per diems and Living expenses) + child allowance of 1.200 euros / gross / year / child
- Benefits package estimated about 20.000 euros/ year paid directly by the organization that includes
- Insurance for the expatriate (health, life, repatriation, travel etc.)
- Health insurance for dependents
- Travel for breaks
- Per Diem de 215 euros for each break (paid at mission level in local currency)
- Annual leave return ticket
- Return ticket to the mission
- Adapted professional career where talent and motivation are recognized.
- Continuous training in both technical skills and competencies.
- 25 days paid leave per year