PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The position of Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (DME) Capability Advisor aims to optimize DME capability in World Vision International (WVI) and strengthen staff DME competencies in areas such as design, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning. The role includes: The development of a DME capability enhancement system (including policies, standards, and guidelines, processes, learning assets and learning pathways), the refinement of National Office NO DME capacity assessment and DME competencies, the provision of support to Regional Program Quality leads and Technical Service Organisation to plan and implement DME Capacity Building interventions and the creation new learning opportunities by engaging externally with other organisations/academia and managing knowledge in WVI.Apply Now
- Lead the design of a DME capability development system including (policies, standards, guidelines and processes etc) to benefit both, a) teams tasked to support development of Field Office (FO) ME capabilities (ROs, TSOs &SOs) and b) DME teams in FOs.
- Design a learning system including learning pathways, learning assets, and learning platforms assisting users during their learning journey.
- Assist the FOs to undertake regularly the DME capacity assessment and prepare a portfolio view as agreed with GFO.
- Lead the development of learning assets for F2F and on-line learning. Design and utilize the platforms (WVCentral and e-campus) to enable FOs/RO/SOs/TSOs to access the learning assets in form of asynchronous self, e-learning and social learning in DME. Develop staff competencies on Data Quality and integrity across all funding sources. Promote emerging good practices in DME Capacity Development within WV and communicate these across the DME community using newsletters etc.
- Collaborate with RO and SO DME leaders to continuously assess DME/LEAP 3 capacity building needs among NOs and provide coordinated (RO/GC/SO) support to address identified capacity building needs.
- Influence WV entities to support RO plans for FO DME capacity development and deploy technical experts as needed.
- Explore practices of others on DME Capability development and share as appropriate WV’s experiences and learning.
- Lead and grow partnerships with academic and research institutions that help to enhance WV’s DME capacity globally.
- Promote innovation in DME capability development across WV entities.
- Coordinate learning and sharing for DME practitioners, identify promising DME practices and innovations for sharing in the organization.
- The incumbent will bring to this role a combination of DME experience and expertise in planning and implementing capability development interventions that help build/enhance the required DME competencies, development of learning resources and utilization of platforms that enable blended learning to take place.
- Advanced/graduate degree in adult learning/training and or other relevant field.
- Advanced degree in statistics, Econometrics or any other discipline related to DME measurements.
- Demonstrated expertise in development of user friendly tools and resources for DME and utilization of learning platforms for helping others learn.
- Intermediate qualifications in capacity building (including expertise in designing capacity building plans and adult learning programs).
- Advanced competencies in data Analysis using appropriate software tools (e.g. SPSS, SAS,ABTAB).
- Advanced technical writing skills.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal, networking and Coordination skills. Demonstrated effective Problem Solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French and Spanish.
- Proven ability to work successfully in cross-cultural context. Solid experience in leading CoPs, organize knowledge management efforts and developing/documenting learning experiences /assets that can be shared with wider audiences.
- Experience in leading DME capacity assessments and coordinated efforts to address priority capacity needs of regions/national offices.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.