Job no: 520536
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Division/Equivalent: Bangkok (EAPRO), Thailand
Department/Office: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Categories: Supply/Logistics, G-5
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Advocacy
The capacity of the Contracts Assistant to effectively and efficiently carry out the above duties contributes to the efficient planning, management and oversight of cost effective procurement, contracting, inventory, storage and delivery of supplies and related services directly impact on program delivery of goals and results. This in turn contributes to maintaining/enhancing the credibility of UNICEF as an effective and responsible manager of funds entrusted to the organization and to furthering UNICEF image as a competent organization for delivering cost effective and sustainable program results.
How can you make a difference?
Under the direct guidance of the IT officer (OIC Supply) assists in the arrangement for local and offshore procurement of goods and services, related logistics, distribution and monitoring of UNICEF’s suppliers/services in support of the Mongolia country office.
Summary of key assignments
- Corresponds with Programme Sections on supply and procurement matters. Receives supply requisitions, ensuring accuracy of specifications of items, and confirms availability of funds, obtaining additional information from the programme sections as necessary. Monitors assigned requisitions to ensure completion of procurement actions in a timely manner.
- Assists with VISION transaction for issueing Long Term Agreements (LTAs), Request for Quotations (RFQs), Invitation to Bids (ITB) and Request for Proposals (RFPs), with pre approved and listed suppliers, obtaining quotations, maintaining vendors in the system; compiling price tabulations with price ratings and arranging bid openings
- Assists in maintaining purchase order/contract filing with all required procurement documentation (Purchase Orders, invoices, delivery receipts, payment requests, correspondence, etc) and maintain up to date records in VISION for future reference including for audit.
- Monitoring supply dashboard to ensure continuous availability of data related to procurement, including forecasting, requisitions received, orders placed, incoming goods, actual delivery schedules. Prepares periodic reports, and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Drafts submissions to Contract Review Committee for finalization by the secretary
- Maintains supplier database and files with full information, in accordance with UNICEF supply guidelines, assist with market survey.
- Assist and prepares the work for the establishment of LTA. Assist with bids openings, and technical and financial analysis of offers as might be required. Conduct clarification(s) with suppliers.
- Correspond with offshore suppliers when required and Copenhagen for standard warehouse items and obtain LPA when required
- Assist in administering the procurement services transactions, cost estimates, order confirmation, deliver and settlement of accounts
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary school education is required, with courses/certifications in business administration, supply chain management, procurement, contracting services or logistics considered as an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible administrative and/or supply-related work experience (procurement, supply or logistics) is required.Familiarity with UNICEF, UN supply procedures and systems is an asset.
Knowledge and experience of SAP system is an asset
Strong planning and organizational skills
Strong customer orientation and proactive communication skills.
Fluency in both written and spoken English & local language of the duty station is required
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. The competencies required for this post are….
- Analyzing (I)
- Planning & Organizing (I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Mar 13 2019 Ulaanbaatar Standard Time
Application close: Mar 27 2019 Ulaanbaatar Standard Time
UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
Other Jobs at the Same Organization (10)
- Senior Evaluation Specialist, New York, USA ending on 29 May 2019, Wednesday
- Internship – Research and Analysis, Business Relationships Management, ICTD New York, USA ending on 29 May 2019, Wednesday
- Contratista Individual, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic ending on 02 Jun 2019, Sunday
- Senior Advisor Health – Measles (P-5), Health Section, New York, USA ending on 28 May 2019, Tuesday
- Senior Operations Manager (Emergency Response), New York, USA ending on 29 May 2019, Wednesday
- Senior Executive Associate, Muscat, Oman ending on 31 May 2019, Friday
- Regional Adviser, Early Childhood Development (ECD), Geneva, Switzerland ending on 03 Jun 2019, Monday
- ICT Specialist (Messaging and Collaboration), New York, USA ending on 30 May 2019, Thursday
- Nutrition Officer (ROSTER), Jakarta, Indonesia ending on 02 Jun 2019, Sunday